• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC Crawler

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
I've been wondering, who all on here is into radio control rock crawling and also go to www.rccrawler.com too? I've noticed that there's a fair number of XJ owners on that forum over the past couple years too. Let's see your rigs, I'll start with mine!
Here's the HPI Wheely King I bought almost two years ago after paying off the loan on my XJ, it's been flipped, locked, stretched and has an Integy 55t lathe motor, old Novak Super Rooster ESC, JR 9100T steering servo (also required that Rx pack on the back of the truck), wearing Proline M3 Masher 2000 on Axial Rockster BL's with ProLine's Memory Foams, and getting it's electricity from a 1100mAh or 1800mAh 9.6v parkfligher pack from Electrifly. The Body is HPI's Wrangelr Rubicon painted Pactra Candy Blue with a Black base coat and Duplicolor bed liner for the top, bumpers, flares, etc
bd56094b.jpg

dc2105ad.jpg

d53199c8.jpg

This one is the Axial AX10 that I'm currently using as a comp rig and finally did decent with it a couple weeks back. I'm using the Integy 55t in this one too, with a Dynamite 15t Tazer ESC, HiTec 645MG servo, it's also got the bent links all around, hybrid Bandit/Stampede driveshafts, Bender Customs 4-link plate on the back, the reciever is the 27am one for the Losi Micro trucks converted to brushless and uses the 8.4v battery from HobbyZone's Supercub for power. I'm also using the Axial axle mounted battery plate, Proline Memory Foams and Losi Claws on Proline Shooter 8 beadlocks. Since the last comp I move the ESC and Rx around so I'm curious to see how that works for me. The body is Proline's Helios Crawler body that I managed to paint up pretty damn close to the Warthog from Halo, without any reference material what so ever:scared: The paint is Model Master 2 stage lacquer and GM licensed Fathom Green metallic with more duplicolor bed liner for the blacked out areas.
f78e53d6.jpg

07712907.jpg

af7bedf4.jpg

Last but not least, is my little Losi Mini Crawler. Right now I've added the metal locker plates, lowered the Rx and ESC to the rear axle and UCA, mounted a Parkzone 7.4v 800mAh Li-Po on the front UCA. I also put the battery plate for the front axle on it and mounted the ESC there until the stock servo started to die last week, so I used a couple "conveniently" factory placed holes and a set of Nitro 4-Tec servo mounts to install a HiTec 645MG servo on that plate instead. The wheels are the black chrome fake beadlocks that I modded into working beadlocks with schedual 40 PVC pipe, then added bb's for wheel weights, Losi Memory Foams, and blue compound Claws for the rolling stock. The body is a Losi Mini Grappler painted Pactra Metallic Red, Pearl White, and Metallic Blue with an internal water transfer HobbyTown USA decal that I shot and decaled on election day.
0a713219.jpg

03aec2f1.jpg

40165f5c.jpg

I did manage to break the antenna this past fall and had been able to glue it back together untill I broke the glue loose last weekend and couldn't get it to reglue. A couple of teh members from the local RC Crawling club SUburban Chicago Rock Crawlers moved the antenna's of their Spektrum DX6's into the radio to keep this from happening so I tried it on this one since it's also a 2.4ghz radio. and was able to pull it off.
c4115199.jpg

I have a Wheely King with a Crawler Conversion, I have a Savage 4.6 body on it...

0228090154a.jpg

0228090154.jpg

I am on rccrawler too.

I am working on a new motor setup for it, but I am going to make it faster and more jeepspeed esq...

I have a Wheely King with a Crawler Conversion, I have a Savage 4.6 body on it...

0228090154a.jpg

0228090154.jpg

I am on rccrawler too.

I am working on a new motor setup for it, but I am going to make it faster and more jeepspeed esq...

My WK is more of a trail rig than crawler, at some point it may get a VXL and HPI gear reduction just for the hell of it.

Yea, mine has the crawler conversion, but thats just to make it have a longer wheelbase.

After I figure out which motor I am going to use, it will be more like a Jeepspeed/ formula off road type rig...

Hey bjoe! What am i looking at for all three metal lockers for a Losi MRC? I'm going to get one so i may as well swap out the plastic junk right off the bat!

I'm on Rccrawler myself and i have had a few guys invite me to crawling events in the area. We have a track up by Camp atterbury and a lady i work with and her boyfriend do most of the work out there. I told her to build a crawler course but they were a step ahead of me!

Axial crawler with the TCS X-TRAIL chassis kit. I use to have it set up for comps, but i got bored and wanted a scale crawler so i started that project.

l_a2d0d567687c44388d8154fd14e90e83.jpg

l_98c00b47b73d4a0a808c2f2485e65f58.jpg

Back