• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S2921 Petition

Done.
I wrote Dianne Feinstein on this, Herer is her reply;

Dear Mr. Clarke:

I received your letter expressing concern about America's wild horses and burros. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I understand your concern that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is removing wild horses and burros from rangelands and placing them in holding facilities. Under the authority of the 1971 Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act, the BLM is to protect wild horses and burros, set appropriate management levels (AML), maintain current inventory counts, and remove "excess" animals to prevent overpopulation and rangeland damage. BLM relies on monitoring programs involving studies of grazing utilization, trends in range conditions, precipitation, and other factors. BLM sets the AML with public involvement through an in-depth environmental analysis and decision making process. BLM's final decisions are subject to administrative review. To participate in the planning process, you may write to your local Field Office and ask to be placed on their Interested Party mailing list. Please find more information on each Field Office by visiting http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo.html.

You may be interested to know that H.R. 1018, "Restore Our American Mustangs Act," introduced by Representative Nick J. Rahall (D-WV), passed the House of Representatives on July 17, 2009. It has been referred to the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. This bill expands the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971, bans the commercial slaughter of wild horses, requires the BLM to expand its wild horse and burro management programs, and requires the Secretary to expand fertility control as a humane control tool that will reduce the need for removal of horses from the range.

As a horse enthusiast, I share your concern for the fate of our nation's wild horse populations, and I believe it is critical to seek solutions that will allow horses to live out their natural lives while being treated humanely and being adopted when possible. I am opposed to the practices of euthanizing horses for population control, or their sale for slaughter, and I will continue to be active on this issue. While I am not a member of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as the Senate considers this legislation.

Again, thank you for writing. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Did she call me a jackass?

Thanks, but please everyone we need everyone to sign this!!!

Post up with your number!!! I am sig #7 what number are you?

Back