• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd Jeepspeed beam

Skullver

Still Flailing
not done, still need to finish the UCA mounts and finish the shock mounts, lots of time, shouldn't break anytime soon. We already have a real well built D30 so this will be our 2wd beam

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin good as usual. I've been following along quietly. Any new progress on the jeep itself? Been watchin for new photos over on the Jeepspeed site too!

David Tucker said:
Lookin good as usual. I've been following along quietly. Any new progress on the jeep itself? Been watchin for new photos over on the Jeepspeed site too!
right on, thanks much, been really busy so progress has been slow on the rest, got it all torn apart and i am making some plating for the engine bay/outer uni-rail, got to make a crossmember/mounts, get the seats in, plumb the fuel cell.........the list is quite long but I'll try to update as progress continues.

Skullvarian said:
right on, thanks much, been really busy so progress has been slow on the rest, got it all torn apart and i am making some plating for the engine bay/outer uni-rail, got to make a crossmember/mounts, get the seats in, plumb the fuel cell.........the list is quite long but I'll try to update as progress continues.

Right on. I know how you feel, it can all be a bit overwhealming. I've still got alot to do and I've been workin on mine for so long that I'm sick of it at times, but it'll be worth it when it's done. I'm waiting for my seats to get done at Renegade and I also still have to plumb my fuel cell. Plus more wiring than I care to think about!

David Tucker said:
Right on. I know how you feel, it can all be a bit overwhealming. I've still got alot to do and I've been workin on mine for so long that I'm sick of it at times, but it'll be worth it when it's done. I'm waiting for my seats to get done at Renegade and I also still have to plumb my fuel cell. Plus more wiring than I care to think about!
time time $$$, time time $$$$, sort of an endless cycle it seems, but you are quite right, it will be all worth it when it is done. Still dreading our wiring nightmare as well, lets see a few pics of your rig if you don't mind, i enjoy looking at others ideas.
Chris

I can't race, but I'd like to chase, or help pit for someone when it's done.

looks awesome, why can't you race?? Looks like it could be JS legal, got any specs? Is there another reason why you can't race or the car can't race?? Nice work, really diggin your dash so far!
Chris

Uglygreenxj said:
I can't race, but I'd like to chase, or help pit for someone when it's done.

Skullvarian said:
looks awesome, why can't you race?? Looks like it could be JS legal, got any specs? Is there another reason why you can't race or the car can't race?? Nice work, really diggin your dash so far!
Chris

More than anything, the $$$$$$ required would keep me from racing, but as far as legality, I've removed the rear lower quarter panels. I believe the only place your allowed to remove metal without putting it back is for the rear shocks to pass through into the cabin.

I had originally planned on keeping the stock dash, but it just wouldnt go back in with the cage in the way.

Uglygreenxj said:
More than anything, the $$$$$$ required would keep me from racing, but as far as legality, I've removed the rear lower quarter panels. I believe the only place your allowed to remove metal without putting it back is for the rear shocks to pass through into the cabin.

I had originally planned on keeping the stock dash, but it just wouldnt go back in with the cage in the way.
you could still race Score/bitd class 3 with your sheet metal removed, I understand about the $$, look for sponsorship, I am a liitle weary of that rule also, I was really planning on sinking my fuel cell halfway through the rear, not legal though, fully above or fully below really limits the cargo room.

Skullvarian said:
you could still race Score/bitd class 3 with your sheet metal removed, I understand about the $$, look for sponsorship, I am a liitle weary of that rule also, I was really planning on sinking my fuel cell halfway through the rear, not legal though, fully above or fully below really limits the cargo room.

I completely forgot about that one, my cell is half in, half out exactly as you described.

Uglygreenxj said:
I completely forgot about that one, my cell is half in, half out exactly as you described.

just what i wanted to do, looks really nice! Still score/bitd legal though, you really don't have to be hardcore racer, you could enter 1 race a year and still have fun, the entry fees aren't that bad, of course the winnings aren't great but lots of fun, look forward to seeing you out there!

Skullvarian said:
just what i wanted to do, looks really nice! Still score/bitd legal though, you really don't have to be hardcore racer, you could enter 1 race a year and still have fun, the entry fees aren't that bad, of course the winnings aren't great but lots of fun, look forward to seeing you out there!

Perhaps I'll have to give it some serious thought when I'm finished. Anyway, keep the sparks flyin!

don't mind the crappy paint job, it is to hide the crappy welds:), just need to do shock mounts, limit strap mounts, and possibly swaybar mounts. I also still need to look into the inner-c where it is welded to the tube, may run some beads somewhere.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good... let me know if you ever need extra hands on that rig, I'll come up and help you out!

After this weekend I really want to build mine as a Jeepspeed rig... I did some speed wheeling through Ocotillo Wells.

BrettM said:
what limits your uptravel? I know the axle tube can get close to the oil-pan, so I'm wondering if that tube between your UCA mounts will limit uptravel...?
we have hydro bumps, it is pretty close to the pan, but still a few inches away at full stuff, I contemplated leaving it out but decided it was a good addition to tie the UCA mounts even better, even though they don't see that much load, it seemed like it would also add a bit more stiffness along the tube itself(the center is the most likely to buckle when it is parked on a rock), this thing sort of evolved, meaning I did not have a set design. Islander, anytime you are in the area, I am only able to work on it on weekends and some evenings so let me know and we can plan something, you are welcome to use my bender and welder if you are serious about transforming your rig. Brettm still designing around your shift kit, we have the motor/trans/xfer case back out.....again, so it won't be too long until we tackle that portion.

Back