• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wall street wiz claims to be time-traveler, turned 800$ to 350 million in 2 wks...

As NAXJA's resident space cadet, let me just say that virtually everything I have ever read in science fiction has eventually come to pass in the "real" world. One of the latest examples:

One of my favorite sci-fi/fantasy authors is Anne McCaffrey. In one of her books, she deals with intelligence enhanced dolphins that were taken from Earth on a trio of colony ships to assist people in establishing a colony on a distant planet.

Then I read that the United States military was using dolphins to help clear the waters around Iraq of mines.

Do not discount the unlikely.

Of course this story (though intriguing) does come from the same news source claiming the worlds first interview with a talking fish.

Eagle, the ocean mammal project by the NAVY has been underway for a LONG time (40 years) to be exact and is probably one of the most interesting ones I've ever heard of too. Though from the story it's good we don't pamper our troops this way ;). There's a decent AP article out there now:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=61454&nid=255

which is from a local news radio station. Enjoy :)
Skorpyo

Re: Wall street wiz claims to be time-traveler, turned 800$ to 350 million in 2 wks...

ROFLOLTHXKBYE!!!

Skorpyo said:
Of course this story (though intriguing) does come from the same news source claiming the worlds first interview with a talking fish.

Eagle, the ocean mammal project by the NAVY has been underway for a LONG time (40 years) to be exact and is probably one of the most interesting ones I've ever heard of too. Though from the story it's good we don't pamper our troops this way ;). There's a decent AP article out there now:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=61454&nid=255

which is from a local news radio station. Enjoy :)
Skorpyo

Yea, back in the 70's god help you if your fell in the water at the base in guam around the submarine docks or the sub tender....you had maybe 15 seconds....we were warned, never tested it... but everybody working topside wore a harness and was hooked to the deck track with no more than 8ft of rope..

Re: Wall street wiz claims to be time-traveler, turned 800$ to 350 million in 2 wks...

Eagle said:
As NAXJA's resident space cadet, let me just say that virtually everything I have ever read in science fiction has eventually come to pass in the "real" world. One of the latest examples:

One of my favorite sci-fi/fantasy authors is Anne McCaffrey. In one of her books, she deals with intelligence enhanced dolphins that were taken from Earth on a trio of colony ships to assist people in establishing a colony on a distant planet.

Then I read that the United States military was using dolphins to help clear the waters around Iraq of mines.

Do not discount the unlikely.
Yea, one of my room mates in collage was one of the marine biologist on the team that worked with those dolphins.

Eagle said:

Pern, good series.

Sarge

If what he said was true it never would have happened, the time police would have stopped him before he started and he never would have done it UNLESS his stock playing altered the future and destroyed it in which case he never would have come back to do it, sheesh, paradoxes are such a bitch... :D :D :D

The trick is manifold time. You got to bone up on your quantum physics.

RichP said:
If what he said was true it never would have happened, the time police would have stopped him before he started and he never would have done it UNLESS his stock playing altered the future and destroyed it in which case he never would have come back to do it, sheesh, paradoxes are such a bitch... :D :D :D

why does there have to be time police...it's the future you don't know what happened. They said at the end they found no prior information of such a man until recently, it's crazy whether he is lying or not to say the least...how do you read this and go off on a tangent about dolphins, I think this is clearly more interesting than dolphins.

dude is nuts but to have inside info for 126 different stock trades...thats effing hard to do, I can't fathom how someone could "know" that many people on the inside and at the same time have zero identity. The story is very ellaborate. And if they can't prove he had inside info, they can't hold him in a cell until he admits it, thats against the constitution, it's false imprisonment. And also wrongful prosecution and a plethora of other illegal things.

i will read it on the internet tomorrrow, so it must be true !

dzolcali said:
The story is very ellaborate. And if they can't prove he had inside info, they can't hold him in a cell until he admits it, thats against the constitution, it's false imprisonment. And also wrongful prosecution and a plethora of other illegal things.

Wrong. They can hold him for 72 hours without having to formally charge him, IIRC. AND if they want the FEDS involved, which I'm sure they would be, they could probably hold him for longer.

The CONSTITUTION is only worth the paper it is written on. Many good ideas, but it is not the end all , be all most people would like it to be.

red91inWA said:
Wrong. They can hold him for 72 hours without having to formally charge him, IIRC. AND if they want the FEDS involved, which I'm sure they would be, they could probably hold him for longer.

The CONSTITUTION is only worth the paper it is written on. Many good ideas, but it is not the end all , be all most people would like it to be.

True...I believe the article mentions the "federal agents" detained him after learning of his quick money. However this article really shows a lot of holes and sounds more like a ufo sighting than a real lunatic or story of a future man. It's dated for 2003, they say they have no records of this guy from before 2002, and then it's now 2006 almost 2007 and there is no information on the story of the case or what happened to this guy. sounds like a hoax or something.

also the constitution was written on a form of hemp paper from what I know. That being said, kinda ironic that marijuana is illegal and our nations constitution is written on it.

Back