• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headliner

moparman96

NAXJA Forum User
I am in dire need of a new headliner, I have a good idea for a new one with some olive drab canvas, to do a headliner/ shade for my xj. The idea is obviously for the head liner, but im going to leave like and extra 10 feet of material on the end and put eyelets for poles to have a shade for when im stopped for the day, tailgating. My question is how do you install a head liner I have never done one before?

Also MOST spray glueout of a spray can will not last long so but a regular can of it and use a brush to brush it on.

I have done 4 headliners and I have had great luck with spray on adhesive. As long as you spray it on a let it get tacky it has worked great for me. I use the 3M super 77 multipurpose spray adhesive.

x2 on the 3m, I have done 3 myself, I have a john deere fleece material, and I did to cameo denims for different friends XJs. Try not to flex the header panel too much as it weakens it. Bring the material around the back of it too, and cut holes with a small razor, and jab a nail though the bolt holes. The visors, to my understanding pop apart, there is a write up in here about it.

I have done 4 headliners and I have had great luck with spray on adhesive. As long as you spray it on a let it get tacky it has worked great for me. I use the 3M super 77 multipurpose spray adhesive.

X3 I did mine about a year ago and it was simple.The glue stunk up the keep for a few days but just let it air out and your good.

Oh, for what its worth, I left mine upside down for like 2 days, with lots of dirty laundry to apply pressure. I imagine anything will do, I just had a lot of extra dirty laundry, then free breezed the shit out of it.

Back