• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Basic stuff for n00bs who want to participate

being a newer guy to going offroad (Cal can vouch for me on this) to do OHV trail maint. sounds fun

With our trails you're fine even if your XJ looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. :cheers:

Geoff -- didn't you catch that he's being vouched for by Cal :wow:? And that it is a fireroad? :eek: Who knows what might happen, especially since you have the word "rolled" in your answer... :doh:

DWatts -- all joking aside, you'll do just fine on the AAT trails, and your help and enthusiasm are very welcome!

Re: Re: Basic stuff for n00bs who want to participate

Ok, so because I'm mildly lazy...or because I'm at work and dont feel like reading all the posts...being a newer guy to going offroad (Cal can vouch for me on this) to do OHV trail maint. sounds fun, I'm still bone stock. Would it be a better idea for me to put some BFGoods All terrains on before I go and do this? or can I get away with the street tires and non lift?

I have run both of our adopted trails (2N04 & 2N49) with no problems in my stock 97 XJ. If you have a decent amount of tread left on the tires, street tires are okay. Just make sure you have a spare tire.

Yup, got that, skinny weenie spare tire...hate it. But better then nothing

Carol....no worries...I wear less black then Cal does...so I cant be THAT bad..... LOL

I have a stock size tire and wheel if you are interested.

You don't want to wear black anyways. It's too dang hot.

Yup, got that, skinny weenie spare tire...hate it. But better then nothing

Carol....no worries...I wear less black then Cal does...so I cant be THAT bad..... LOL

I think everyone, including Johnny Cash, wears less black than Cal =)

I look forward to meeting you someday soon!

Carol

Back