• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Not much happening, I am on the hunt for JK to build and drive to moab in Oct. So if anyone sees a really good deal... apparently I've got champagne taste and beer budget.

Not much happening, I am on the hunt for JK to build and drive to moab in Oct. So if anyone sees a really good deal... apparently I've got champagne taste and beer budget.

Oh cmon, the XJ will at least make it to Kansas before it splits in half! Ive hopped on marketplace and there are a lot of decent looking stockish JKs and JKUs in the $12-20k range.

Ive shuffled around jeeps way too much since I moved down here, but will most likely be in an XJ for Moab. I drove up to Moab for the weekend during EJS and rode with Rob, and we wheeled with Jason and Darrick from IRO. Id forgotten how it feels to be driving along the side of a cliff. Need me some more seat time.

And speaking of Moab, whos bringing the Spotted Cow?

I am someone who doesn’t enjoy flying. When I fly, I am medicated.
Work gave me 4wks notice to be in Barcelona. Most people have said how cool this is and what a great opportunity. I have never left the country before.
I’m on the fence, about 40hrs of travel including 22 in the air and being in a foreign country for the 1st time, not knowing crap about anything. All for 3days of BSing with the team and going out to dinner to stroke each others egos.

Sure it’s an all expense paid trip to Spain but I dont love being away from my family like that.
I have also been very frustrated with my leadership team lately and meeting up for dinner and drinks half way around the world just to hear them lie to me doesn’t sit well.

Too many drinks and I might have to find a new job on the way home.

Ugh…. Refundable travel has been booked

Work gave me 4wks notice to be in Barcelona. Most people have said how cool this is and what a great opportunity. I have never left the country before.
I’m on the fence, about 40hrs of travel including 22 in the air and being in a foreign country for the 1st time, not knowing crap about anything. All for 3days of BSing with the team and going out to dinner to stroke each others egos.

Sure it’s an all expense paid trip to Spain but I dont love being away from my family like that.
I have also been very frustrated with my leadership team lately and meeting up for dinner and drinks half way around the world just to hear them lie to me doesn’t sit well.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about Europe. I've been over there on average 3 times a year for the last 11 years.

Happy to answer any questions you might have about Europe. I've been over there on average 3 times a year for the last 11 years.

Try to relax while on the plane. Having someone next to you who knows how to keep a conversation going will work wonders.

Most flights from the US to Europe depart the US in the evening. If you are tired enough, you will fall asleep somewhere over the ocean waking up for breakfast then get ready for touch down. I have not been to Spain but I have been to 4 other countries in Europe that do not speak English, nor did I know anyone there. I thought of it as a challenge.
My first time in South America was to teach a class of about 20 technicians and at that time I spoke 0 Spanish.

Keep in mind you will not be in another US city. Dam near everything there is different. Yes, you could get US type food but usually only in the major cities. Try to accept the differences and even try to see life as they do. You will be pleasantly surprised at how great it is to see how other people live and have lived for hundreds of years.

Go to Europe and have a good time. Bring back some of your memories to share with us on the forum.

By-the-way, I am from the Caribbean and lived there most of my life. It is always great to see how people live other countries and compeer it to my first home and my second home.

:woohoo:party1:

This makes me uncomfortable thinking about it...

I fly 4-6 times a year out of necessity...each time usually involves adult beverages...

Flying to Spain would be interesting...I am not sure how I would handle either as my longest flights have been 4-5 hrs across the US...

I just recently put in for a passport as I anticipate overseas travel sooner than later and want to be prepared, as of yet no trips planned...yet.

mac 'go enjoy, tell us about it' gyvr

I guess I will take it as good news. I just got re-directed to Nashville instead of Spain...

I did get informed that Japan and Sydney were on the to-do list soooooo

Nerd.

I think my MJ should be gone tomorrow, it was cool when I got it but the more I dug in I realized it was gonna be more than I had time to mess around with. Frame had been cut off then welded back on when the PO changed his mind. Only way I wouldve been confident wouldve been back halfing and I dont have the time at home, so maybe Ill get another MJ in due time.

BUT.... I have Pats old jeep back again. Time to toss on new header panel and start wheeling all the AZ trails around me. Glad to have a white jeep with AC because its really starting to heat up around here.

Everyone ready for Moab?

Bring it up here, we'll run Smasher Canyon. Pretty sure it's gotten more challenging since I last ran it and broke a main leaf. I have a few friends here that are into wheeling, but nothing that extreme

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I did use the winch today to finish installing my garage door

bc62c606602a17974ef24b26c6da765d.jpg

54014f3aeffa32d47f11ef7ffcf2046a.jpg

8e9ef102d9beee43fbab621aad455510.jpg

Damn those pics look like crap! It's either that size, tiny, or humongous with tapatalk!

Last edited:
Here's humongous
1fc957f357c26341630ada194fc8df76.jpg

Bring it up here, we'll run Smasher Canyon. Pretty sure it's gotten more challenging since I last ran it and broke a main leaf. I have a few friends here that are into wheeling, but nothing that extreme

Ill toss the new cooling bits and water pump in this weekend, and see the next time I have a couple days to run up. Gotta get a few runs in before I put her under the knife for Moab.

49bc1d72dc6d7b9364e278107c12ae5c.jpg

We did gears in my JT last Friday.

1st project on the new lift.

mac ‘moab prep’ gyvr

Bought a JK just to make the moab trip
2b702c290c40f9bdb88bf7d0ec97c941.jpg
76d6fdf161371f4091033da00c4b838a.jpg
06718dd21d77ab61691754a1218b11fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Looks nice Rew! Except for the angry eyes lastara :D

(Wow, I can't believe the woke haven't killed that smiley!)

Looks nice Rew! Except for the angry eyes lastara :D

(Wow, I can't believe the woke haven't killed that smiley!)

I hate the grille. But when buying used it's hard to get away from.
A co worker put an angry grille on his 2 door a few moths ago and said I could have his stock one. Color matched and everything just waiting for him to bring it in.

Back