• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The money pit needs brakes

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The only thing I've yet to change on the truck is the brakes the original owner did a disc brake set up on the 14 and converted the 60 to single piston brakes ... I'm sure these can be made to work a little better but I'm tired of having to be in gear on steep waterfall ledges to hold the truck going from drive to reverse you will just roll right off, so I don't want a big brake project so I'm going to just use the wilwood dual piston conversion calipers since they will bolt up where these single piston live ... Only ordering one set first to check how well they clear my knuckles the front and rear are same calipers I know rear will fit all day long front should clear but these aren't cheap and I don't want to have shave them ... LoL...it will be great to be able to hold an obstacle with the brakes .

Back