• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Avalanch Ranch

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
At the last chapter meeting there was some talk about a April NAXJA trip to Avalanch Ranch. Is this still being considered?

Yeah its still on deck ,late April early May.We will work it to see when is best for the most people.
Led

Saw a write-up of the ranch on 4x4wire, looks hardcore. Is there a variety of difficulties, or is it only for the highly modified?

footdale said:
Saw a write-up of the ranch on 4x4wire, looks hardcore. Is there a variety of difficulties, or is it only for the highly modified?
I'm wondering the same thing...

The hard core is what its famous for but it has all levels of trails plus quad / enduro trails and a motocross track.Lots of ways to have fun going broke.
Led

Led said:
The hard core is what its famous for but it has all levels of trails plus quad / enduro trails and a motocross track.Lots of ways to have fun going broke.
Led

since theres some easier stuff there I might be down going to the ranch

WOW! :gag:
I just looked at their website. Their MID-level trails, rated difficult, require 35s, 2 lockers, and a winch!
There ARE two levels easier than this, and two that are tougher.
Definately looks as challangeing as you could ever want.

Avalanche Ranch is awsome, some really fun trails. Definately a place I'd like to go back to.

FYI, there's a thread over on CO4x4 about a "jeep jamboree" event there in late july...

terry

I rolled out there for opening weekend, it's a pretty hardcore place I ran the moderate trails, which were changeling with 33's and a locked rear. However, it was raining off and on so it was muddy. Just as a side note there is also some awesome (free) wheeling about half an hour south of there in Farmington Nm.

Back