• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i find or how hard is it too find ??

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
jeep comanch 2.1 liter turbo diesel :worship: i have a orig sales book that shows it, are there any around or was it over seas i am looking for one or can i convert my 4.0??? with the cost of fuel here in CONN i need find a cheper way to go to work and make $$$ well at least in the spring,summer,fall and use my xj for the winter thanks :thumbup:

What year is your book from? If it was the original Renault diesel, they were very rare in XJs and even more rare in the MJ, and virtually impossible to get parts for ... but they were (nominally) sold in the U.S.

The more recent Italian diesel was sold only in the export market, but shouldn't show up in American sales brochures for that reason.

I´ve been researching some, gas is pushing $6 a gallon here. Not serious research, but have been picking up some possiblities.
Toyota (Land Cruiser) make a turbo Diesel with an automatic, IF the auto is the A340 or a variation there of, it might be possible to change the rear end (shaft and tail piece) from the AW4 with the A340 and use everything from the transfer back.
Don´t know how many of the Land Cruisers, if any, were shipped to the states, in diesel automatic. Mexico might be a good place to look.
The Renault Diesel has a sorry reputation, pretty common here in Germany.
Might be worth some reseach to try and find how many bolt patterns the Toyota motor has, the difference between gas, diesel and even fork lifts/construction equip. Seen many propane powered fork lifts.
Guess this belongs in the modified section.

Back