• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations for a Bay Area Jeep mechanic?

El Payo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey - I'm looking to do a complete upgrade of my XJ's exhaust system but don't have a garage to do it DIY - can anyone recommend a shop or mechanic in SF with Jeep expertise (or exhaust system expertise)?

Thanks.

I would think any muffler shop will do it for ya. Dont live in SF but im sure there are muffler shops. good luck

Only one I can think of offhand is in San Jose - Michael's Mufflers on Capitol and Pearl (near the Auto Row.) Don't know what good that does you - you give "Northern California" as a location, and you're asking for SF, but I don't know what would be more convenient for you...

Michael's does do a lot of trucks and custom jobs, tho...

5-90

Don's Muffler Service on 10th St. He's a jeeper (flat fender) and did custom work for my old CJ7 and my 89XJ.

Do NOT go to Discount Muffler on 11th, I use to work across the street & have seen to many cars on fire there from their careless torch work.

There's also a place on Harrison St, on the left side between 5th & 7th. It is an auto body or detail shop that sublets one outside hoist to an old guy whose entire inventory is in a shipping container, good fast work putting a cat into a vehicle when Don was closed up for vacation. The exhaust company sign is very small, blink and you'll miss it.

Tom

Thanks for the recommendations all - Boatwrench I'm going to check out your 2 spots as they'll be closest to me.

Back