• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Butte County Campfire Donations (Saturday H.Hills)

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
I am living in Chico these days while I finish up school and have seen first-hand the devastation this Campfire has done, and I assume most of you guys are being affected by the smoke. There are a bunch of local organizations helping evacuees at which I will be volunteering at this week, and they need a lot of donations. There was a large offroading community in Paradise.

I can coordinate donation delivery and pick-up on behalf of the NAXJA Sierra Chapter. I'm not sure who to contact about this to make it an official NAXJA donation, hopefully one of you guys can help out with that. I will be in Hollister on Saturday for the Toys for Tots run which would be a good place to facilitate any donation drop-offs (along-side the "Toys for Tots"). I will also be making a trip to San Luis Obispo on Thursday in case any of you south sierra chapter members want me to grab any donations. My trip north from Hollister usually takes me up I-5 but if there are enough Bay Area members that want to contribute that can't make it to Hollister I could drive up the east bay for additional pick-ups.

I will be driving a hatchback and towing a ~5x6 utility trailer with stake sides. Items going in trailer will need to be boxed(I have a few we can use).

I will update this thread with what is needed most and which organizations we can donate to soon.

Temporary Butte County Campfire information page:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPRTQF_YU6pYDEjHjpQA39iXNND-0Xfdg7XpOjzEO4c/mobilebasic

Donations:

Donated supplies should be dropped off at the Oroville Municipal Auditorium (1200 Myers Street, Oroville). Needed items include:
Visa giftcards
Warm clothes
Shoes (sizes 10-11 for men, and 8-9 for women, preferably new)
Paper products (toilet paper, forks, spoons, paper plates, paper towlels)
Women's undergarments
To facilitate the donations being provided in a timely manner, this location is asking for new clothes only.

This is great info Thomas. Lets see what we can do.

Well, change of plans. I am not going to be able to make it to Hollister Hills on Saturday so I won't be able to pick up any donations. Also, It sounds like most places are getting more than enough physical donations, so if you'd like to help out you could make a monetary donation to one of the organizations helping out up here.

Thanks Thomas !!!

I am going to collect gift card donations at the next meet n greet and i am working with some guys to put to together some jeeps to possible give to some of the guys that loat their rigs pm me or post up if you are interested in helping

Back