• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pump problem

vegeta

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 93 country that I'm trying to start. I just swapped in my stroker and need to break it in but I'm not getting any fuel. The pump will hum for a second then stop. I jumped the wire on the ballast resistor staight from the battery and the pump works ,so I know the pump works but after that I'm lost. Even when it was jumped it showed only about 4 pounds pressure though. I've swapped relays around and checked the fuses in the pdc and they all seem fine. I know there are fuses in the cabin that are missing but I don't think they have anything to do with the pump. I know this jeep ran in 05 on the original motor because we drove it on to the trailer. I searched here and treid a few things like disconecting the tps but nothing. also the battery is brand new and fully charged(I checked it) oth the ground on the drivers side and the grounds bolted to the stud on the passenger side of the block are fine too. I'd sure appreciate any help.

I jumped the wire on the ballast resistor staight from the battery and the pump works ,so I know the pump works but after that I'm lost. Even when it was jumped it showed only about 4 pounds pressure though.

if you're only getting 4lbs pressure with straight battery power, you've either got a bad pump or a major restriction in the supply line to the regulator. I'd start with the line and disconnect both ends and try blowing it out with compressed air. If nothing gets better, you're pulling the pump and strainer in the tank. I believe you're looking for 39psi with engine off and pump running.

well I got a new pump and still nothing. I've blown out both lines and I pinched the return line off at the tank, which is the only place that has rubber line and tried it again. still got no pressure reading but the hoses where the filter are attached started leaking. I unclamped the line and they stopped. I'm still showing no pressure at the gauge. I checked the gauge on my truck and it's showing 60 psi so I know the gauge works. I also checked the oil and I don't smell any gas in it so I don't think the injectors are leaking. The only thing I can think of is the regulator but if it didn't show anything with the line pinched wouldn't that mean it's okay? I'm at my wits end with this damn thing.

Back