• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanting cruse-parts list.

scoobyxj

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm hitting up a bone yard on Monday, and I though I might look for the cruise control equipment for a 2000. I know I need the clock spring, switches, wires in the steering wheel, and vaccume cylinder under the hood. Is there a computer I need, or does the ECU control it. I know that it was a dealer installed option, and all the major wiring is there. Anything I should be aware of before I remove the air bag to do this [besides disableing it]. BTW the xj I paln on pirating this from was a flood total, but I would assume that as long as the water wasn't above the stearing wheel every thing should be ok. Also before anyone asks, all of the dealerships I've checked so far don't have/can't get a cruise kit anymore, and the fact they want $800 for it.

the jeep should be wired. once the parts are installed, and the system is turned on, the pcm will recognize it and it will work. the "cruise" light in the cluster will light and then you know the pcm recognizes it there still could be a problem with the servo if it was under water though

I know that the wiring and vacuum is under the hood, I have seen it, and if it is obvous that the servo got water in it I'll leave it. The thing I am most desiring is the steering wheel parts. All yards that I have inquired about it wants me to take the whole column including the very expencive air bag. The place I'm going said I could have just the steering wheel cruise parts if I want them. Also does anyone know if the YJ, and ZJ vacuum servos are the same as ours? Any I've seen looked the same even the V8 ZJ's.

You're going to want to stay with the XJ parts as the pigtails may vary on the other models as well as the cable lengths. Keep in mind that with your XJ being a 2000 you'll need the steering wheel stuff (switches and clock spring) from a 99-01, 97-98 won't work. The stuff under the hood can come from any XJ 97-01.

The factory kits can still be purchased brand new on ebay for about $250 but we got one for my friends 99 and the boneyard for under $50.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=7953863399&category=33595

Thanks for the reminder on the 99+ steering wheel change. I had forgotten it. The xj I'm hoping to scavage this stuff is a 2000, but I'm not shure it has cruise I'll find out when I get there.

It's not the steering wheel that's different, it has something to do with the switches being internally different. The 99+ switches work with your Jeep 99+ computer.
Good luck with your hunt.

Well I could have swarn I read somthing about 99+ steering wheel changes, guage cluster changes in 98, and my ECU is different from the 97-99 & late 2000 [ mine no precats] models.
sbxj, my dealer said they wanted $800 for the kit installed if they could get one.

jneary said:
i believe "jeepsareus.com" has complete factory kits a lot cheaper. it is an easy install, about 1/2 hour with the right tools
That would be the link I posted above. $250

Back