• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Oh what fun it is to wake up in the middle of the night to find an under age girl drunk on my front lawn who had just been thrown out of a vehicle.

hell, I figure that's the universe just handing you a freebie.

I might be mildly sociopathic though.
maybe.

Wanted to have a lazy Sunday w not much to do. Topped off the fish tank and proceeded to scrape the sides and it sprung a leak.....pia

Re: Re: Important

How was the beer?

I've found those places with names meant to shock a portion of the population tend to have lacking products.
Actually...the beer was delicious! I thought the same thing going in and was very surprised.
.......and you're now en route to the Ass Clown state! :D
Yup. For work. On a Sunday...

Just ordered all the axle stuff to make another trailer. Going to make a 6x10 single axle for the camper, that way I can leave it on there and take it camping except when I am towing jeep. It's a pia to put in truck and I would like the use of the truck as a truck, so I don't have to leave the camper in it.

My car trailer is too wide to set it on there properly.

I should just get rid of the jeep and get a class a and a car that gets good mileage....but that wouldn't be any fun.

Installing a new radiator in the 2000 limited. Everything was going easy, but I knew there was one part that I was dreading to do....

IMG-20140712-00065_zps13633510.jpg

The damn lower radiator transmission cooler line.

When I did the radiator in the 2000 rebuilder xj, it was a pain, but I got the four prong connector off with a small screwdriver. It helped that everything in front of the radiator was gone.

But this one as having none of it. Tried the plastic QD tool, the metal QD one too, and some handheld ones too. But no luck on any of them. Quite frustrated at this point.

So I borrowed a cordless angle grinder(omg, where have you been my life), and just cut the damn hose. I will get some 3/8" or 5/16" trans line and some hose clamps and call it done. Some say that fix won't last, and it might not. I'll just keep an eye on it. If something happens, I will get a new line and be done with it.

Mine hasnt had quick connects on it since I put the Radiator in 3 years ago. I shoved a hose on there and double clamped it and called it done. I did break a steel cooler line a couple months ago but the rest is holding strong.
Id say go for it.

Installing a new radiator in the 2000 limited. Everything was going easy, but I knew there was one part that I was dreading to do....

IMG-20140712-00065_zps13633510.jpg

The damn lower radiator transmission cooler line.

When I did the radiator in the 2000 rebuilder xj, it was a pain, but I got the four prong connector off with a small screwdriver. It helped that everything in front of the radiator was gone.

But this one as having none of it. Tried the plastic QD tool, the metal QD one too, and some handheld ones too. But no luck on any of them. Quite frustrated at this point.

So I borrowed a cordless angle grinder(omg, where have you been my life), and just cut the damn hose. I will get some 3/8" or 5/16" trans line and some hose clamps and call it done. Some say that fix won't last, and it might not. I'll just keep an eye on it. If something happens, I will get a new line and be done with it.
Time for a tranny cooler.

6y6umu4e.jpg

Got my tom woods shaft the other day. Came polished and clear coated. Looks amazing! I don know why I didn't do this a long time ago. Going to spray some paint on it so it doesn't get surface rust. It's heavy and way beefier than the stock XJ front shaft that I twisted.

Home

Great trip.

Off work til the 5th too!

mac 'got a couple projects planned' gyvr

What size are the bolts that hold the trans to the engine? Need to pick some up to put the stroker on a stand.

3/8 for the top 2 and 7/16 for the bottom 2, coarse thread. Length will depend on how thick your flanges are on the engine stand, I'd think 2.5" long would be good.
:thumbup: Thanks buddy!

Back