• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C-Rok Steering Box Brace

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used this system? I was looking at that one and at ORGS' system. The C-Rok looks a hell of a lot beefier, but would like some user input. :dunno:

I've got C-ROK's system. It's very strong. I've got the Rusty's steering box brace on there too, and the combination makes it super stout. The C-ROK Steering Box Brace and the ORGS SBS both solve the problem and both are strong. The Rusty's or M.O.R.E. brace add additional strength but I don't know if I would use them by themselves. C-ROK also sells a bumper that uses a modified steering box brace on each side to mount it, along with an additional front crossmember that ties into it all if you really want to beef it up.

I've heard that it would take some modification to your front bumper to allow it to all fit up. Atleast this seems to be the case when running a bpi fab front bumper, something you might want to check into.

Greg (C-Rok) came to my campsite in Moab with kit in hand and helped me to install it one afternoon. I had welded up a few cracks in that area the day prior to leaving for Moab and had emailed him about his kit and asked him to bring me one. Good guy and the kit is top notch!

The ORGS Mfg piece has multiple ovals lasered into it for rosette welds, the plate becomes more integrated to the frame and I would think that spreads the load more evenly then just bolting it on.

If your bumper uses factory style tow hook brackets to attach to the frame, it will mount right up. If it doesn't, there's a write-up on the ORGS Mfg. site on how to make it work. Pretty straight forward.

In my estimation the ORGS weld in plates will be a stronger setup because the steering brace plates & the frame rail in essence become one piece after welding. This is not to take away from the C-ROK plate that is essentially the same design, but a bolt in. Both are new on the market so neither is proven 100%, but I'm willing to bet both work well. I have a set of the ORGS plates waiting in my garage. For the guy that doesn't have the ability to weld, the C-ROK plate should work fine.

Matt

Another thing I like about the ORGS Mfg set-up is that the tow hooks are repositioned up and out of the way. They won't take away from the approach angle and the strap will not slide off the hooks as easily.

You can get it from JKS manufacturing.

man, talk about bringing an old thread back from the dead

Back