• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine compartment wiring harness

SanDiegoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
After a mishap changing fuel injectors, my wiring harness is now melted. I went to the Jeep dealership, and according to them, the engine compartment wiring harness with battery cable is $170. Could this actually be what I need? I'm looking in the FSM and it only shows one engine compartment wiring harness which connects to an Instrument Panel harness and a Frontend Lighting harness.

Mind you, this is for a '94 Country

Being someone who has installed a 93 4.0 wiring harness into a 85 carb'd 2.8 Cherokee.... I know the answer. The harness includes but is not limited to: The PDC, all connectors for the injectors, sensors, switches, goes to the firewall for powers/instrument panel feedback, goes to the computer and also to the front lighting. Have fun!

OK, one more question...

Is there a trick to getting the wires off the grey connector near the Brake reservoir....I think it's the bulkhead connector. I can't seem to get that bugger off no matter what I do. And I don't want to break anything important tugging or prying on the wrong thing.

i believe the harness you'd need is #55037382, which runs about 560.00 and is no longer available through chrysler. that bulkhead connecter is, iirc, held together with a through bolts(s).

yeah, I got one from a salvage yard in Oklahoma....should be here wednesday (all the ones locally were chopped to hell). Now it's just a matter of getting the old one out, changing the fuel injectors, and trying this one more time.

And just for future reference, is there a place to purchase these parts once they're discontinued by chrysler other than a salvage yard?....had that same problem with one of the vacuum hoses that burned up.

Back