• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC job leads... who's got 'em?

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
I was told at work today that even though I work 45-55 hours a week...

That unless I can work the 55-65 a week that the rest of the slaves do...

I am going to be let go.

I told them I can work the longer hours if they could work with me on the insurance costs and my wife could then quit her job...

Insurance thru my wife's work is $400 a month...

at my work it would be $800...

I have till wednesday to give them an answer...

Pricks...

I love the " It's a hard decision for all of us" speech...

so....

Anyone know of anyone hiring with good insurance benefits?

:D

Gil BullyKatz said:
Insurance thru my wife's work is $400 a month...

at my work it would be $800...

I think I will think twice, next time I rip the HR folks. I'm in the same family way as you, and I pay $225 a month.

Sean what have you got? I'm working steady now, but if it's something better I may be inclined to move up. On that note Gill if you can (have experence) drive a fork lift. My employer is hiring. The insurence is not to bad. There three different levels (you and your wife only) $8.75 for 75%, $27.00 for 85%, and $47.50 for 95% all deducted before taxes a week. Dental, and vision are extra, but not expencive. At our sight we work 12hr rotating shifts, get two weeks payed vacation (after a year) four days nonpayed every rolling year (after 90days) I think its a $.48 shift bonas.There is way to much to explain here. If you think you might be interested PM me I will get you the info mailed to you.

I know we are highering somone to do weld repairs to our process, we might be interested in training as well. Our insurance is not too bad, and the cost of living here (Louisville) is hella better than Chicago.

What do you do now?

Hey Gil, i'm in the same boat as you as of yesterday. Got canned. (actual reason was "restructuring of the IT department") TRANSLATION, me and the new CIO designee (an X Anderson Consulting MBA, who plans his piss breaks on a Gantt chart and Microsoft Project) didn't ever see things in the same way...

DAMN, your insurance is expensive. My wife and I pay $210 a month total through her work for us and the 2 younglings. She's a nurse at Good Sam in Downers. Mine was more for all of us ($400 a month) but nothing like that.

Good luck bro...

Rob

scoobyxj said:
Our supervisor is always telling us there not Formula-1 race cars. I beg to differ.:cool:

They aren't formula 1 race cars....

But I can't seem to find a lift for Caterpillar/Mitsubishi Model 60GPs though....

I used to drive a CAT not shure of the model number though. All our lifts are 48v electric. I drove it last night on overtime. It's the fastest lift we have as far as top speed goes. We got some new Yales about 9 months ago though, and thats what I drive now. It shure dosn't have the top end my old kitty had, but it has a lot more get up and go. I probibly would have never switched , but my CAT was getting to the point where it wouldn't plug, and they wouldn't fix it. The forks also started drifting open (single double pallet handler), and I couldn't get them to fix that eather even though they suposibly have the part to fix it. That CAT was a horse though when I worked it hard it would get the 4-0 battery cable hot enough it was unconfortable to hang on to. I even melted a 0-0 extention cable once. There was a pop, flash, and a puff of smoke came rolling out from under the hood. Luckly when I slammed on the brakes the battery slid, and pulled the wire away from the metal.

Last edited:
I'd offer you one but do you know how much the fine is for DWM in Crown Point?

nothing says "indiana stupid-ass redneck" more than an indiana barkeater hi-jacking SOMEONE ELSE'S job-search thread.

I hope you get hit by a snap-on tools truck on the way to an I-hop interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "IS-AR" can come down to OKC and have a tech job at 4WP.
There's going to be an opening very soon.

Back