• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 wiring harness

LEFTLANESTANG

NAXJA Forum User
My harness has malted together in the plastic protection cover, don't make sense. Anyway it's a 2000 what years of vehicles can i use another harness from? I was told 2000 +2001 for sure but was about a 99? Thanks in advance

Do you have 49 states emissions, or the California emissions with pre-cats ?

I think your stuck with same options 2000, I thought jeep kept modifying the emissions crap the last XJ years so the wiring was unique to each year. I could very well be wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 California is the same as 2001 50 state.

This is all moot though if you just retain the ecu that matches the engine harness. You can go 99 engine harness/ecu into an 01 and ditch the pre cats this way(and add a distributor and coil, yuck)

I would not recommend trying to take a 98 or 97 harness as some other sensor connectors changed over the years, especially on the 98.

Likewise a 01 pre cat harness can be used with a 00 ecu as the 01 harness just uses extra pins for the pre cat.

As with any advice its a good idea to verify this with a factory service manual pin out for the specific donor years you can source from.

Back