• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UOB

Ah, WTF; still in it I suppose.

I guess I'm in it, though some days I'm not completely sure.

David Bricker / SYR

Flue shot? Check

1 of 2 Shingles shot? Check.

Shingles shot #2 lined up? Check.

UOB? It appears so.

Still in it? Check!

"...And there ain't nothin' like a friend
Who can tell you you're just pissin' in the wind..."

Wind; not a fan. Still in it, though.

:(

I'm not so sure, but no one has told me otherwise yet.

David Bricker / SYR

Some days the meds work, some days they don't. Still in it if I hang on tight!

Still surviving here too.

David Bricker / SYR - O26

Sonnuva...

2020 has had its low blows, but this one really takes the cake.

The Bride spent her day working through bookkeeping and receipts while I dragged The Varmints through the snow questing for a Christmas tree. I come home and The Bride wants to know who I am taking shopping with me. Showed me this:

SeniorDiscountOPT.gif

Now my teenage sons feel justified calling me a boomer.
:smsoap:

Sonnuva...

2020 has had its low blows, but this one really takes the cake.

The Bride spent her day working through bookkeeping and receipts while I dragged The Varmints through the snow questing for a Christmas tree. I come home and The Bride wants to know who I am taking shopping with me. Showed me this:

SeniorDiscountOPT.gif

Now my teenage sons feel justified calling me a boomer.
:smsoap:

Your picture didn't show up, but I could view the link when I quoted this post.

I've been in that position for a long time. Welcome to the club. At least we get the discount; I'll take that.

Well, I'm still here, despite my latest Stupid User trick. Helping Noah load a "free" hot tub onto his trailer, I somehow managed to catch my left middle finger between the 780 pound hot tub and the trailer frame. I thought I had really badly pinched it.

When I took off my glove, I realized I had sheared off the end of the finger, between the last knuckle and the base of the fingernail. It was held on by about 15% of the finger.

Fortunately, we were less than 5 minutes from the hospital (as opposed to this happening at PSR), and two hours and 12 stitches later, my finger is Frankenstein'ed back on. There is a small bone fracture, which I'll get checked when I get home to NY. The good news is that the nerves seem to be OK, as I had feeling in the tip and pad of the finger. It is uncertain whether the nail will grow back.

This is about the worst thing I've done to this UOB, though the kidney failure this year has been no picnic. Yeah, 2020 sucks.

But I don't qualify for the discount!!

Evidently I look I should...

:gee:

It's not the years. It's the miles.

ETA: OUCH!!

I have a sense that someday I am going to do the same sort of thing, or worse, trying to get something "free" and it will be the most expensive example of that particular something that I will ever own.

Glad to hear the prognosis is largely positive.

Last edited:
Back