• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix injector seal kit

slowrider

NAXJA Forum User
I have a mild rough idle and crappy milage and though I'd get the seal kit rather than the whole injector at 10 times the price. I removed the rail, pulled the injectors off of it and can manage replacing the o-rings; can anyone tell me what the hard plastic ring and the plastic hat shaped item with the hole in it is for and how I would install them?

FWIW, those original injectors are a fire waiting to happen. Even more so since you've jostled them around. They split on the outside and spray fuel in the engine bay.

Best to get some upgrade injectors that are refurbished.

I didn't need those caps since I've got original injectors. Now Cruiser has me worried. I swapped out several that were spitting from the body like he described. They seem fine now though. It's amazing that gas sprayed on a hot exhaust manifold evaporates instead of catching fire!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=936832&cc=1179716

This is a picture of the injector with the cap and spacer on the tip that goes in the engine.

Last edited:
I didn't need those caps since I've got original injectors. Now Cruiser has me worried. I swapped out several that were spitting from the body like he described. They seem fine now though. It's amazing that gas sprayed on a hot exhaust manifold evaporates instead of catching fire!

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=936832&cc=1179716

This is a picture of the injector with the cap and spacer on the tip that goes in the engine.

They're good for now..... Tick-tick-tick--------

A few years ago I thought I'd replace my injectors, one was leaking. I just about soiled my pants when I priced them out. Holy crap. At the time they wanted $300+ for six.

I bought a "re-conditioned" set off of ebay for $109. Right away I knew they were better injectors, 4 holes, one piece, no seams. 3 years later, no leaks, work fine, no issues at all.

For injector seals on a RENIX, just get a set of FelPro Ford 5.0 injector seals, you will have three left over for spares(12 for the injectors and one for the FPR)

I'm running Ford 5.0 injectors on all of my RENIX 4.0's

Back