• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breather on Chy. 8.25

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I have a no slip in my rear chrysler 8.25. Everytime i get into deep water i think i get water in to the oil because the locker makes very loud noises after water crossings. I change oil and noise goes away until next time i cross water. is there a breather hose for that axle that maybe water is getting in from there? Maybe my seals are bad? By the way its a 1999. Thanks

The breather/vent is the bolt(hollow) that holds the brakeline T on the left side of the axle.

I dont know how high they run the vent up into the body,the front one goes all the way to the top of the firewall.You could extend it or tie it into the front.

That vent hose (on the 8.25) only goes up to the frame rail. Another thing to check (although unlikely the cause) is those two or three bolts that hold on that brake line brace thingy on the pass side of the diff. Make sure the bolts are tight because they go all they way into the axle tube. Why they have that I don't know :rolleyes:

Remove the bolt that holds the brake line block to the axle tube, apply some RTV between the block and axle tube and apply some RTV to the threads of the bolt. The end of the vent line plugs into the uni frame near the drop down hose from the gas filler.

Charles

Back