• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ecco wheels, beating the dead horse.

Jpoe0108

NAXJA Forum User
What are Ecco wheels?

I am picking up a set of what I believe to be Ecco wheels. My XJ was someone’s trail rig, but it’s now my daily. I found a fender flare kit (Crown) and am wanting to stuff these 33x12.50s on them, and a 1.25 spacer. I intend to keep the eagle alloys and put a trail tire on them for rides, but was just curious to some thoughts.

I have 4.5” lift, 8.8 rear, and probably the same specs as the rest of the board on a mild build for a daily driver.

And who doesn’t love Chili Pepper Red Pearl.

2wez2mg.jpg

Depending on the wheel backspacing 33s should be fine. I have 33x10.50s on mine with factory 5 spokes. only clearance issue I have is rubbing the control arms at full lock. 33x12.50s wouldn't fit with the 5 spokes due to the tire hitting the leaf springs.
and I love my chili pepper red 2dr :D
and if you haven't ordered the flares yet, check out napier precision.

What I am trying to do is set myself up to drop down the lift about 1-2” and run a nice 31” MT on the eccos and lose the spacer, but I’ve got too much tread left on the km2s. I hope this fall I can find a worn out xj I can build for a dedicated play toy, and have this as a stock modified daily.

I’ll check it Napier’s flares. I really dig the stock ones. I think I saw someone on here that used Velcro on the front flares as well.

Wheels in question:

13ye5o8.png

those are what I have, youll deff need a spacer to run those with 33x12.50

Probably what I’ll do is grab the 1.25” spacer do the flares and have tires swapped over. Save up for a few weeks, put some 31’s on and ditch the spacers and see if I need to pull some lift out of it.

My wife has a year left on her Honda lease, and long story short, we are almost out of miles, she took my Tahoe, and it’s a little difficult for picking up kids in the XJ!

I am running 4.10 gears with 30" tires on a daily driver with an AX-15. I am happy with the ratio.

I am running 4.10 gears with 30" tires on a daily driver with an AX-15. I am happy with the ratio.

I’ve also got a Detroit tru trac rear and I can’t remember what she’s got up front, but it’s a limited slip. Should be a stout little daily once I’ve got it where I want it. I haven’t had many issues going where I want just yet.

I sure wish it was tons of torque.

My other rides are a Cummins 12V and an Chevrolet 8.1L Suburban. So, yes, my perspective may be a wee bit skewed, but I still want more torque.

Back