• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes the best quality leaf springs in the 6"+ size for XJs--SJ or BOR etc???

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Who makes the best quality leaf springs in the 6"+ size for XJs--SJ or BOR etc???

I need more lift to clear my 37's and am debating between 8" Big Offroad leafs or 7.5" Skyjacker leaf springs. They are both lightly used. I have 8" SJ coils up front with RE drop brackets and RE adj upper and lower control arms. I currently have 4.5" RE leafs, 2" blocks, and 1.5" RE shackles. With the big leafs I will just run the shackles in the back and might need to bump up the front another couple inches with spacers for around 10" lift with 37's and full width axles.

My question is what leaf springs do you guys like in the 6-8" sizes? I know that this is getting to the upper limits of what is available without going custom. I hear BOR are good, are SJs any good, how about others? I'm debating between 7.5" SJ and 8" BOR at about the same price. Please advise.

thanks,

Troy

Re: Who makes the best quality leaf springs in the 6"+ size for XJs--SJ or BOR etc???

Stop this madness Troy...
Go with JohnJohn's leafs (BOR) and be done with the conversation.

move it along folks... nothing to see here.

Re: Who makes the best quality leaf springs in the 6"+ size for XJs--SJ or BOR etc???

formatt said:
Stop this madness Troy...
Go with JohnJohn's leafs (BOR) and be done with the conversation.

move it along folks... nothing to see here.

That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to see what the big dogs were running 6"+ leaf springs.

O.k. Officer Barbrady. Do you live in South Park??? :laugh3:

You big dogs who are running 6"+ XJ springs, what brand are you running and do you like them?

Troy

I'm setting up a 4.5" main leaf, S10 springs, plus some extras and a helper to keep it from inverting. I got about 6-7" off it. Then added a 3" shackle with a stop on it to keep it more than 30deg so it won't go completely 90deg and flatten the pack.

Here it is without the shackle in place. I just have to put together and assemble the bracket to limit the shackles movement. Hopefully this weekend.

eqv8ub.jpg

eqv8xy.jpg

I'm shooting for 7-9" lift in the back, but with 8" BOR springs and my RE shackles I might be way up there in the back like 10"+ I think. Do you think with the RE adj CAs I have and drop brackets I can just go up a few more inches up front with my spacers on top of my 8" SJ coils and get o.k.? I know the RE DB are said to be good to 6-8" or so, but how about 9-10"?

Back