• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00/01 down pipe/mini cat to split manifold gaskets Yes or No?

Boost_Retard

NAXJA Forum User
Just came back from my FLAPS with a bunch of exhaust goodies for my 01's exhaust make over, under closer inspection it appears that rock autos part numbers are incorrect for the 00/01 xj.

Can anyone confirm if there is or is not a pair of exhaust doughnut gasket between the spilt exhaust manifolds and the mini cats/federal emissions down pipe?

There are no doughnut elsewhere in my exhaust, but rock auto listed the felpro 60836 as fitting the 00/01, so I assumed that they must be for above the cats.
After bringing the gaskets home and comparing to my down pipe it's obvious that these gaskets do not fit this location, probably for the 90-95 jeep down pipe like it says on the package..

I have yet to pull my stock downpipe setup apart so I don't know if there even is a gasket in this location or if it's just metal to metal like my main cat to muffler.

I'm just trying to have all the right parts on hand before I tear it all apart.

Thanks for the help
Cale

Just got off the phone with a local jeep junker, the guy I talked to says its just metal to metal no gasket. Im going to take his word on it unless someone here says otherwise

Last edited:
Back