• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight malfunction

Goatgod

NAXJA Forum User
So, my headlights work fine except that the passenger side is on bright all the time. both sides turn off ok...I did upgrade to leds that came with new housings a couple years ago but they have worked fine until the other day. any suggestions where to start? Thanks!

2001 xj 4.0

The headlight wiring all stock, or do you have a relay harness?

If you swap the two lights, does the "on bright all the time" follow the light or stay on the same side of the vehicle?

I'd wager this will follow the light, as the headlight wiring on these trucks isn't sophisticated enough to have independent high/low circuits for each headlight (if it was, aftermarket relay harnesses probably would be such a wonderful upgrade...

The headlight wiring all stock, or do you have a relay harness?

If you swap the two lights, does the "on bright all the time" follow the light or stay on the same side of the vehicle?

I'd wager this will follow the light, as the headlight wiring on these trucks isn't sophisticated enough to have independent high/low circuits for each headlight (if it was, aftermarket relay harnesses probably would be such a wonderful upgrade...

This is my guess as well.

If not a fault inside the headlight itself it would have to be a matter of wires having become connected somehow. This seems highly improbable to me. Wires disconnect more readily than they connect.

Good idea on switching them around to isolate the problem.. I'll try that. and its a stock harness. Thanks!

Back