• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moog cc782

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
Since I ordered moog cc782 coils springs a few days ago, I have read that some people have had problems with the upper coils on these springs sagging over time. In some cases they reportedly rest in contact with each other.

So, I am asking what peoples' experience with these coils has been after you've had them on your XJ for awhile. If there is going to be a problem I would rather get different coils since changing out springs is not my favorite activity.

Been a year on mine, no issues so far, they ride nice. A little stiffer than stock but not bone jarring
Thanks. It's really hard reading internet reviews of a product to know how objective and accurate the reviewer is. But I read enough negative reviews of the moog to compel me to order a pair of old man emu coils. I am going to send the moogs back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've ran the Moogs on two different Jeeps now and like them. They did start off kind of stiff on mine but after about a month or so of use they smoothed out. I paired them Crown HD rear leaves to make an UPCOUNTRY clone setup. I seriously considered the OME coils/leaves but as far as I can tell they no longer offer the small 1-1.5 inch lift setup anymore and the cost was quite a bit more.

I've ran the Moogs on two different Jeeps now and like them. They did start off kind of stiff on mine but after about a month or so of use they smoothed out. I paired them Crown HD rear leaves to make an UPCOUNTRY clone setup. I seriously considered the OME coils/leaves but as far as I can tell they no longer offer the small 1-1.5 inch lift setup anymore and the cost was quite a bit more.

The leaf springs are still available. The front coils are not. Best I can tell.

The cost for the leaf springs is not that much more and some times you can find them with free shipping.

Problem is no bushings. If you want to stay factory on this that is where it adds up.

I have researched this off and on thinking at some point in time I will do the UP Country clone myself.

The low price of the moog makes me suspicious...

Ive had them on two XJs. They ride pretty stiff for a month or so then soften up a bit.

This is my last Jeep, a 97, at max flex with swaybar disconnected. MOOG coils, Crown HD leaf springs and Monroe Oespectrum shocks. I am seriously considering going to OME shocks on my current XJ but havent pulled the trigger yet.

29201cebcf5815b78f96405ebe60d4a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nice XJ devil dog! After doing some research, I'm wishing I would have chosen rancho RS7000's instead of my bilsteins, in my opinion they are a little stiff on road. Rancho runs a little less initial pressure making them a little more forgiving. Rod Knee, c'mon dude, it's moog, been aroun forever, lifetime warranty, and after reading your concerns I only found 2 bad reviews on Amazon, one was your concern, the other was about chipping paint after a year of use. All the rest were positive.

Nice XJ devil dog! After doing some research, I'm wishing I would have chosen rancho RS7000's instead of my bilsteins, in my opinion they are a little stiff on road. Rancho runs a little less initial pressure making them a little more forgiving. Rod Knee, c'mon dude, it's moog, been aroun forever, lifetime warranty, and after reading your concerns I only found 2 bad reviews on Amazon, one was your concern, the other was about chipping paint after a year of use. All the rest were positive.
Well, I encountered about 4 reviews complaining about unacceptable amounts of sag. I have no idea how objective or accurate they are. I just felt more comfortable with the high dollar old man emus. Past experience has thought me that often times cheap car parts and tools are just too expensive.

I paid about 185$ for the OME coils which included an estimate of my local Colorado tax.

Dang, you do get around!

Rod Knee, c'mon dude, it's moog, been aroun forever, lifetime warranty, and after reading your concerns I only found 2 bad reviews on Amazon, one was your concern, the other was about chipping paint after a year of use. All the rest were positive.

Do a search, particularly around here, on Moog balljoints. I have seen a number of complaints.

The complaints I have seen are consistent with the feedback I have gotten firsthand from friends who have had issues with Moog components on other vehicle platforms.

Spicer balljoints are solid. Theyre not that expensive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I am ase certified for front end components and alignments, I have never heard of moog being a problem manufacture of front suspension parts. Ever. They stand by their warranty, and at one time were one of the only manufacturers that even offered a grease fitting on ball joints, tie rods etc. 51 yrs old, been driving since 1985, in not new at this and I don't give a shit about what Twitter says. I'm into real world data.

Back