• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When it rains, it pours!!!

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
NAXJA Member
After having my 98 totaled by my stepson earlier in the year, I end up having to get a divorce. So now I am out of the house and shop tryin to get my crap together when I have a brake failure just like the Givaway XJ minus the broken shaft....and to top it all off so far....this morning I go out to start my car so I can take my son to school and I'll be damned if I was not robbed.......someone got away with my new I-Pod and GPS worth just over $600!!!! I could spit nails right now......and needed to vent a little! Thanks for listening!!

Sorry about the bad luck. If you need anything dude, lemme know.

Well, seems there is some justice after all. My friend from the PD that I gave the report to this morning just called, and three teenage thugs were taken into custody! My I-Pod and GPS was in their possesion, so I will actually get them back!! :thumbup:

Good to hear that - sux that everything seems to be craping on ya though. Just wait, one of these days someone else will have a worse day, and you can sit back and think, "I don't have it so bad after all." (Kinda like I am right now...)

beer-cheers.gif

Jim

Nice! A number of years ago I had some kids bust into my car and steal my stereo, woofers, CD collection, etc... I can imagine how good it feels to know the guys got busted. :thumbup:

bad day??
well yesterday....i woke up got out of my bed and stepped in dog shit, so i walk into the back yard to see the culprit. i found him....floating face down in the pool. i clean up and go to work and total my car 2 blocks from home, my directional tired were mounted backwards so insurance company says its my fault. bcuz of this i was late....my third late in 2 weeks, boss says im fired.............all this before noon =[

oh ya, im just kidding....but just know it could always be worse

oh ya, im just kidding....but just know it could always be worse

I was about to feel a whole lot better until I caught the punchline.......:rolleyes: I was raised to always keep a stiff upper lip no matter how bad things get because there is always someone having a worse day than me!! Well, I do feel a little better.....:cool:

That sucks, but it is cool they caught the kids and you get your stuff back though. .....do you get to Cane them? :yelclap:

I have had stuff ripped off and never saw it again.

One of my stories; For three years I had these old YJ wheels and tires sitting on the side of the garage kind of out of sight that I would lend out for envirortest days. I live in a very quite neighborhood, we all watch each other pretty good, but found out that a group home for those on parole started up down the street about three blocks away. All of a sudden we had all these break ins around the area. Those tires disappeared pretty fast, then one night my dad (who stays with us) has this habit of hanging in the garage with the door open early in the morning with the lights off. He was sitting right there when this guy with a hoody just walked up to the garage and walked in only to find my dad in the dark asking him; "What do you think your doing?" ..........the guy moved so fast my dad said that he left a piss trail on the way out. :looney:

They closed the group home last summer and now the crime has stopped............knock on wood.

I was about to feel a whole lot better until I caught the punchline.......:rolleyes: I was raised to always keep a stiff upper lip no matter how bad things get because there is always someone having a worse day than me!! Well, I do feel a little better.....:cool:

good

Man, and I thought I was having a tough day.

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad to hear they got the punks who ripped off your stuff and that you'll get it back.

Good luck.

Rob

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!! Had not really had anyone to talk to about any of this and was feelin the need to vent somewhere. Thanks again!!:cheers::NAXJA:

bad day??
well yesterday....i woke up got out of my bed and stepped in dog shit, so i walk into the back yard to see the culprit. i found him....floating face down in the pool. i clean up and go to work and total my car 2 blocks from home, my directional tired were mounted backwards so insurance company says its my fault. bcuz of this i was late....my third late in 2 weeks, boss says im fired.............all this before noon =[

I think there's a country song in here...

Thats way cool you got your stuff back considering your in Canon City. I had a rental property off 9th and pine and OMG the stupid thug a$$ wanna be gangsta kids down there. I was working in the garage with the jeep on the side of the garage/alley way and I heard someone talking about how hard would it be to jack that _____ didn't hear what it was they wanted to jack. Next thing I know I walk around the corner and they are all looking in my jeep? not even close to the street there. I had to run them off. Then later that night some drunk A$$ kids were in a fight in the middle of the street. Then 1 hour later some other drunk stoned kids were having a bottle rocket fight in the street and using my jeep for cover? WTF???? I sold that place and cut my losses down there after too many bad renters to deal with.

Sorry to hear about all the crap that's attacked you as of late....

Somehow things will get better....

I think there's a country song in here...

Country songs don't have directional tires in them...... But if they did, they would most definitely be mounted backwards....

And probably no insurance.....

Last edited:
Back