• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb 12th Little Sahara Sand Dunes

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Getting itchy for a sand run, so I thought I'd start the planning thread....who's going?

orig.jpg

$8 BLM Entrance fee, flag required. I simply ziptie a flag to my roof-mounted CB antenna.

"All such vehicles will have a whip mast and a 6 X 12 inch red/orange flag. Flags may be of pennant, triangle, square or rectangular shape. Safety flags must be attached within 10 inches of the tip of the whip mast with club or other flags mounted below the safety flag or on another whip.

Masts will be either minimum of six feet in height/length or industry standard height/length. "

I'm going to hit up the old people... Maybe they want to go play at the Dunes :D

Idk if I'll bring the XJ, but I'd love to get my Dirtbike out!

I'm not in the best standings with the old people at the moment... I probably won't have a definite answer until next week... Unless somebody wants to just let me tag along and meet everyone / see all the sick Jeeps because then I can almost definitely go!

I love getting in strangers cars, especially when they have candy! :lickout:

Last edited:
I'm already thinking of creative shots with the GoPro HD cam.....got some great footage of hi-speed wash runs in Hurricane last weekend.

i'm intentionally not tearing my jeep down so i can make this, it survived crawlfest so lets see what the dunes can do to it :D

Sounds fun. But I do not expect to have the jeep rebuilt by then. :tear:

$8 BLM Entrance fee

We were there on the quads last Saturday and I would like to report that is the OLD price! It is now available for the low, low price of only $18 for a soooo useful TWO DAY PASS!

No, I'm not happy about this change.

Regrettably, I will no be attending this event. I found out today that I am moving to Tucson, AZ immediately for work.

Jared:patriot:

Sorry to hear that Jared, I was hoping to see the debut of your D60 equipped Durango.

We were there on the quads last Saturday and I would like to report that is the OLD price! It is now available for the low, low price of only $18 for a soooo useful TWO DAY PASS!

No, I'm not happy about this change.

Regrettably, I will no be attending this event. I found out today that I am moving to Tucson, AZ immediately for work.

Jared:patriot:
I think I can make this one, Jared you will like Tucson, lots of great 4 wheeling down there

Sounds fun... How is the sand if your open front and rear? guessing as long as you don't go crazy with the skinny peddle you will be fine?

Also this is an all day thing right?

Sounds fun... How is the sand if your open front and rear? guessing as long as you don't go crazy with the skinny peddle you will be fine?

Also this is an all day thing right?

The dunes is a crazy wide open skinny peddle affair no matter if you are open or not.

You won't have too much issue not being locked up though.

I'm ARB locked front and rear and I rarely use the lockers in the sand.You'll actually dig holes and sink if you try and climb sand hill locked up. You need to be able to rev the motor and spin the tires to get momentum and if all 4 tires are driving, a stock 4.0 doesn't have the torque to spin them fast enough in the sand.

I typically run in 4 HI and open in the sand, with 4:88 gears.....and dream of an LS-3 V8 under the hood. :)

Back