• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 1 OCG

Are you running carnage also or just chinamans? Never been up here before I’m guessing to run carnage 33s probably won’t cut it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There might be a total of 3 rigs in Colorado chapter currently that could run carnage. None of them are attending.

33’s and lockers can run any trail in Colorado, you-of-course need to be a driver. But nonetheless.

That is about as inaccurate of info as I’ve seen in a while. Most trails? Sure. And ask anyone around, I’m usually the one known for cramming small rigs up trails. However there are a ton of trails in Colorado where 33’s won’t get you in the entrance.

That is about as inaccurate of info as I’ve seen in a while. Most trails? Sure. And ask anyone around, I’m usually the one known for cramming small rigs up trails. However there are a ton of trails in Colorado where 33’s won’t get you in the entrance.

It's kinda like folks who say you can easily run 40s on stock axles as long as you know how to drive ... ;-)

I disagree, ask a jk rubicon owner. Xj, long arms, lockers, 4 link rear, belly armor, sliders, winch, 33’s will do any trail in Colorado.

I disagree, ask a jk rubicon owner. Xj, long arms, lockers, 4 link rear, belly armor, sliders, winch, 33’s will do any trail in Colorado.

You would be one rock stacking winching fool even on carnage ... but have you considered. Boulder Canyon or the trails in eagle ?

You would be one rock stacking winching fool even on carnage ... but have you considered. Boulder Canyon or the trails in eagle ?
Not saying it’s easy. 4” difference -give or take, 6” lift tops with 33’s, perfect geometry, hell, throw in those tons. Good gears and transfer case... It’ll go anywhere. Point and shoot. Do big tires make it easy, absolutely. We’re not talking about a cherry Creek xj on 33’s. Put 33s on a comp buggy and it’ll Do ANY trail here. Colorado isn’t the holy grail of wheeling, by any means. It’s good but not the ultimate test. Hell, just to the west of us... light years better. 33’s and lockers can do any trail in Colorado

Not saying it’s easy. 4” difference -give or take, 6” lift tops with 33’s, perfect geometry, hell, throw in those tons. Good gears and transfer case... It’ll go anywhere. Point and shoot. Do big tires make it easy, absolutely. We’re not talking about a cherry Creek xj on 33’s. Put 33s on a comp buggy and it’ll Do ANY trail here. Colorado isn’t the holy grail of wheeling, by any means. It’s good but not the ultimate test. Hell, just to the west of us... light years better. 33’s and lockers can do any trail in Colorado

You’re either a troll or a complete idiot. At age isn’t even hard comparatively to what’s out here in the west. Penrose is even whatever comparatively.
This isn’t showing the gypsum trails. This is two of the 7 trails in Montrose you wouldn’t make the entrance on, gtfo with the bullshit.
5a5677040cab9ff50c8b3ff24c7d1061.jpg

3deab594a86a824ada0ec0be9876d604.jpg

d6b35b50f22645fa65d7c900fad35591.jpg

Anyway. We had a loss in the family so we have to back out of this run. We will be out of state attending services. Hope y’all still go and enjoy the weekend.

100%. Thankfully the ‘gate keeper’ on carnage is supposed to start keeping smaller rigs out of the lower half. This guy has to be trolling. Has to be. Or hasn’t seen any actual trails in Colorado, just the bs forest roads in front range.

100%. Thankfully the ‘gate keeper’ on carnage is supposed to start keeping smaller rigs out of the lower half. This guy has to be trolling. Has to be. Or hasn’t seen any actual trails in Colorado, just the bs forest roads in front range.

Not trolling, not an idiot either. I haven’t seen those trails out west. I will say I was wrong, like a dummy. Sorry about your family loss.

So is this still happening? If not I would maybe like to plan something closer to the Littleton area. Maybe spring creek on the 1st?

33's or 35's will get you through 80% or so of Colorado Trials, depending on what you call "getting through". For 99% of people, a built rig on those tires is plenty, I wheeled for years on 35's.

Indy and Carnage used to be the biggest and the baddest.

Now, they're a sunday stroll warm up for the bigger ones in areas like Montrose, Grand Junction, Rangely, etc. like Boulder Canyon, 10 Falls, etc.

37's might get you through, if you're in something like a single seater comp buggy with front and rear steer, and those 37's are stickies.

40"+ stickies tend to be the norm, and we're seeing more and more rigs on 42" stickies with front and rear steer in order to make certain trails.

Back