• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 intake manifold

Pgw1995

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 4.0 in my xj. I also have a blowed up 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 setting in the shop. I was wondering if the intake manifold of the 2000 would be an upgrade for my 91. My 2000 is a complete motor, minus block, has a fist size hole in it. Would the 2000 intake have a noticeable difference? Or just stick with the log style?

I have a 91 4.0 in my xj. I also have a blowed up 2000 Grand Cherokee 4.0 setting in the shop. I was wondering if the intake manifold of the 2000 would be an upgrade for my 91. My 2000 is a complete motor, minus block, has a fist size hole in it. Would the 2000 intake have a noticeable difference? Or just stick with the log style?

Also, like I said, it’s a complete motor. How hard would it be to swap over to the electronic ignition? Would it be worth the time?

Use the ECM and engine control sensors for the model year of your Cherokee ( 1995 ?? ).

The 2000 manifold might give you a few HP if you install other performance mods at the same time.

I have a 98 grand manifold sitting in my spare parts pile -- the power steering mounts on the manifold do not match up to what is on my 96 XJ manifold

Be sure to check that on yours

Use the ECM and engine control sensors for the model year of your Cherokee ( 1995 ?? ).

The 2000 manifold might give you a few HP if you install other performance mods at the same time.

Thanks, I actually have a 98 Cherokee with a 91 motor, transmission, and transfer case. 98 TCM and ECU. I recently had to change my transmission to a 2000 because I couldn’t get the TCM to read the 91. (Didn’t find out this till about 2wks after I bought it, tried to buy a speed sensor, guess what a 98 speed sensor won’t fit a 91 AW4). Don’t know how they did the motor but no issues there. Do like the 7120 head though. Just not sure that the 2000 Tupy intake manifold will fit the 91 7120 head. Was just trying to come up with some mods since I have all these spare parts, they are all off a Grand though.

The 2000+ intake will fit the 7120 head just fine. You'll need to change the PS pump bracket and the pump as well, although I believe you can drill out the mounting holes to make it work, but don't quote me on that. Regardless, the improvements to be belt tensioner make the swap worth every penny, cut, swear word, etc. Any performance improvement is purely icing on the cake.

Back