• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone seen these air deflectors before?

My 1994 XJ had them and no tow package. It had always ran cooler than the 1996. Still cannot figure why,...or did that had something to do with it?

Possibly, in theory they would help with airflow for cooling.

Since it looks as if the rubber-flap air-deflectors were OEM genuine Jeep factory parts, and the vehicle had an oil-cooler fitted as well, but no tow hitch, I wonder if that particular vehicle was built to Middle East spec for use in hot climates?

I believe Jeep XJs were built or assembled in Egypt for some time from CKD kits. They would likely have been the fairly basic versions. Maybe this configuration was for those markets, and somehow the vehicle ended up in a US junkyard....?

Eh, that doesn't seem likely, but who knows what could have happened, I remember someone a few years back finding a middle east spec XJ in a junkyard complete with Arabic "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" script. Still I think that less likely than other possibilities.

Thanks, here is the link...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m983TZ5Gvdo

the link posted up top has an extra period in the word youtube, thats why It didnt link for me.

Sorry you had trouble with it, its the short url that youtubes provides, the .BE is country code domain youtube uses to shorten the link, sort of like having youtu.com or youtu.us.

Maybe a special service police package, I see in the video that the switch panel is missing out of the dash, could have been the 4 switch panel in police Xj's ???

Looking at the video again I only see one switch in the very middle, and two blanks, so it didn;t have the extended idle switch. The gauge cluster was also a dummy panel not the full gauges, for sure a SE.

Can anyone read the part number on it?
I've tried 55067253AB
55967253AB
55867253AB

Hindsight 20/20, I should have just taken a photo of the PN to lookup later and see what we could find.

Did you grab the vin?

Hindsight 20/20 I should have stopped the camera on the VIN and the Door tag, the door tag might have provided some more info. And the vin number would at least let us lookup a build sheet.

Back