• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody wanna cut my rear quarters for $$$?

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
I want the rear quarters cut and the fender wells cut but i dont have a welder >I live in the charlotte,NC area and want someone that has done thiers and is interested in doing mine for me send a Pm and I'll respond.Thanx:peace:

TheDiabetic said:
depends....you want it to look good????!!!hasta
Ditto, and what racer said. Are you looking to cut and fold the opening? Or cut out the rear quartes completely? If so what you going to replace it with?

i think he is thinkin of cuttin them and where the pinch seam is that would come apart becouse of the cut...i think he wants someone to weld it back together after cutting...when i cut mine i just brazed it back together...i tried to weld it but it started to melt the metal...

Yes exactlly 256,I did the cut and fold to the well area,but not the rear lower section.I do want to cut where the factory flare sat,around the outside of it,and remove the rear lower corner.I do not have welding experience and do not want to cut and fold or rivit it up and end up hating it cause it looks like $hit.So thats why I am asking if someone has done it allready and wants to help a fellow jeeper plus make some cash and possibly a wheeling buddy,I don't have any yet!!!:cry:

what do you mean by the rear lower section?

On the rear section of the side from where the well goes to the back towards the bumper.like this--->>>>
xj0394.jpg

I have been planning to do this to mine. Maybe this weekend, not sure yet.
I live in Matthews and have a welder, I am not great with it but the weld ends up under the XJ and no one see it anyways. If I get to it tommorrow, I will repost tghe results.

that sounds great,actually I am looking for someone to wheel with locally.I dont know anybody around here.i werk in cornelius exit 28 on 77,next to the new waltrip race world.i obtained a "test" clutch set up from ZOOM and need to wheel the piss outta it for them,it a cryogenic proccesed flywheel and pressure plate with a Kevlar disc.I plan on abusing at Uwharrie and Tellico,so I need someone to "help" in the process.Oh yeah,I do need my rear quarters and wheel wells cut,IF I only had access to a welder I would do it myself so I figured either by one or pay someone to do it for me,debate on whats actually cheaper,so that sounds good that you want to do the same,I have welded metal before not thin body stuff though.I guess just do some practice stuff first to get the right temp and wire feed speed,then have at it.If you are interested in any projects with me PM me if ya want.Thanks for replying,I contacted our body shop for someone interested in doing it for me but he said he would "think" about it,that was 2 weeks ago.....................no reply yet.I can be sure that meens no.

I live near Potter road, about a mile outside 485. I have yet to wheel since UNF opened this year. Only made it a couple times last year. Last year I was part of a UROC pro modified team so driving the buggy kinda took the fun outta the XJ. Since UROC dumped the season I definately need someone to wheel with. My family and some neighbors are goin camping at UNF the weeekend of June 23. I would like to have another XJ along. PM me , maybe we can the mods done soon?

sweeeeeet, It will be a family weekend, if you want to camp. I want to see the updated XJ, let me know when to drop by or stop in fri if your not busy.

Back