• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D&C Extreme Cage Install

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
When I purchased this cage I could not find a lot of documentation on install from consumers so I have decided to post my experience with D&C and installing their cage into my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Fist off I would like to say that the employees answered the phone every time I called them during normal business hours and were very helpful. I ordered the 8 point cage in DOM. I also requested the Main Hoop to be shipped in one peace normally they ship it in two peace's with a plug to weld the two peace's together prior to install. The cage arrived in two separate deliveries wrapped in heavy duty packaging tape. From what I can tell so far the cage is good quality and the fish mouth cuts fit nicely with no gaps.

I think the dash bar is kind of high I am going to try and lower it down but there is not much flexibility as I think I have it set were it should be. You can see that there is not a lot of space between the dash on the driver side and the bar.

Here is the front floor mount on the passenger side I had to message the floor with a hammer on the passenger side and the driver side for the plate to fit flat.

Here is the driver side front floor mount.

Last edited:
The factory visors cannot be used so I removed them and will probably make ones that will be welded to the cage.

Last edited:
Will that top spreader bar on the front move down any? I have an overhead console I would rather not lose.

Great pics!!!

EH I can't edit my original post. As I was working this out in my head (over thinking it) I found this picture:

xj_cagekits_021.jpg

You don't want to do what I asked as it defeats the purpose. However, I can you move that top bar back a shade as to not hit the computer?

EH I can't edit my original post. As I was working this out in my head (over thinking it) I found this picture:

xj_cagekits_021.jpg

You don't want to do what I asked as it defeats the purpose. However, I can you move that top bar back a shade as to not hit the computer?

That is the old design the top spreader bar with their new design has two bends in it for more head room and there isn't much flexibility for placement.

Got some work done yesterday will post more pics when I get a chance. I recommend taking all the interior out including the headliner and cover all the glass. So far I have set my headliner on fire and pitted my windsheild with sparks despite my attempts to keep that from happening. During the process of taking out my headliner I broke all the tabs on the interior lights and some of the side molding I guess all those hot summers Made the entire parts week. Sooo I am not sticking the headliner back in and will be doing some cool things to the interior after the cage is complete stay tuned this will be a long build and may seem sluggish at times due to all the other things I have going on my life.

Got some work done yesterday will post more pics when I get a chance. I recommend taking all the interior out including the headliner and cover all the glass. So far I have set my headliner on fire and pitted my windsheild with sparks despite my attempts to keep that from happening. During the process of taking out my headliner I broke all the tabs on the interior lights and some of the side molding I guess all those hot summers Made the entire parts week. Sooo I am not sticking the headliner back in and will be doing some cool things to the interior after the cage is complete stay tuned this will be a long build and may seem sluggish at times due to all the other things I have going on my life.

You totally sound like me right now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Keep us posted!

how does that mount to the jeep? I'm assuming it's not just bolted to the body ... is there something underneath?

It will bolt to the body in the front with a plate underneath that will have tubing welded to it and then to he unibody framerails. The other mounting locations will have plate welded to the floor and the cage will be welded to the plate.

btt any more pics?

very cool.
If manage to get my truck straightened out, that cage is definitely in my future.

btt any more pics?

I will submit some pics this weekend temps were over 100 last couple of weeks so I opted to go swimming instead.

I will submit some pics this weekend temps were over 100 last couple of weeks so I opted to go swimming instead.

:guitar:

Ok so I have been working on the cage and here are some updates. I purchased a 1.25 Dimple Die and 6 ton bench top press and made some nice gussets.

IMG_0024.JPG%208-6%204_zpslvt1dbpx.jpg

I lowered the dash bar it was way to high and I gusseted that with 3/16" stock.

Floor plates are mounted with floor plates underneath the cab. I will be welding the plates on the underside to the unibody rails
IMG_0025.JPG%208-6%207_zps3pvvufhh.jpg
es under the cab to the unibody rails.

Last edited:
Back