• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fox shock recommendation

Kyle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for fox shock 2.0 with res recommendations. For now only fronts due to different plans for the rear. There are several different types.

Running 4.5" re w long arms.

Looking for suggestions/recommendations/links etc. Thank you.

Go withe the original race series, NOT THE new performance series...

You'll probably need 10"s, with a relocated lower.

Those are the ones, yes.
The older race series have been made for like 10+ years, theyre easily user rebuildable/revalveable, spare parts are readily available. They also hold value a lot more than the newer performance series.

The newer 'Performance series" arent as nicely made, require special tools to rebuild, etc. Basically a high end disposable shock.

Whichever you end up getting, before you install them, put a couple layers of wax on the bodies to keep them protected and looking good for years to come. It really does make a big differance!

Also, companies such as offroad-engineering.com will custom valve your new foxes based on your description of the vehicle and what you plan to do with it.

Generic valving is the only downside to the race series shocks, unless you buy from a company such as offroad-engineering.

Copy will be making an order of the original series from OE tomorrow. I'm thinking the 10" aswell...after getting bpe etc I'm thinking the 11" will be bottoming out...unless you guys think different.

Anybody have a different company other then off-road engineering? I have tried to contact them several times through email and phone call with no response.

Back