• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

c8.25 27 to 29 spline

MSRT74

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a C8.25 on my 92 and it's a 27 spline. I've got the opportunity to get a locker for C8.25 for a steal. But it's for a 29 spline. Is there any reason I that can't rebuild my axle for 29 spline? Or should I just get a used C8.25 for cheap? Thanks in advance for the guidance.

It would need to be a full case locker such as a Detroit, Grizzly, ARB or the like. A lunchbox locker for a 29 spline axle won’t fit into the 27 spline carrier.

It would need to be a full case locker such as a Detroit, Grizzly, ARB or the like. A lunchbox locker for a 29 spline axle won’t fit into the 27 spline carrier.

And you would need 29 spline axles!

Too good of a deal to pass. I picked it up and it is a full case locker. I was wanting to not replace the axle, just easier that way. It'll be installed when I can save to money to get the gears. Might as well do both while I'm in there. Thanks again.

Back