• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alarm

greenday9d1

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know by chance if there is usually a stock alarm system on '92 XJ limiteds? The car has absolutely every option available except a sunroof, and seems pretty well loaded for it's time, so it seems like it should have had some sort of security system.

See if you have a siren in your engine bay...

I don't, but then, I'm not even close to being the original owner. It's entirely possible that one of the previous owners removed it for some reason.

look around the steering column for an led light or switch. My 90 has a stock alarm and it has the horn/siren in the engine compartment, an LED below the column, and an arm/disarm switch near the fuse panel.

You should have what looks like a red bulb about the middle of the roof inside that is the reciever for the infrared remote.

Ron91XJ said:
You should have what looks like a red bulb about the middle of the roof inside that is the reciever for the infrared remote.
that is just keyless entry. Not an alarm.

Disconnect the battery for a few seconds then reconnect it. if it has an alarm it will sound. If it does sound, use the key and unlock the drivers door or the rear hatch to turn it off.

By the way, mine has the factory alarm but no siren, only the horn honks on and off and the lights flash.

Okie Terry said:
Disconnect the battery for a few seconds then reconnect it. if it has an alarm it will sound. If it does sound, use the key and unlock the drivers door or the rear hatch to turn it off.

By the way, mine has the factory alarm but no siren, only the horn honks on and off and the lights flash.

yep, ditto.

just over the gas pedal is where the alarm is located, and I think it even has a sticker that labels it.

Back