• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper bracket help/introduction

Cf96520

NAXJA Forum User
**I really hope these pictures upload**...anyway....Hope im posting this in the right spot. First off im new to the forum so hi everyone! I currently own a 97 cherokee which is "mostly stock" with around 250,000 miles. Ive owned jeeps for years now most notably a 95 ZJ i had on BDS long arms and did an ax15 swap. This is my 3rd XJ and it needs some...love. So a couple weeks ago i was in an accident which left the header panel and bumper destroyed. Worst of all it bent the passenger side bumper mounting point on the front of the unibody. I straightened it out the best i could, test fit the new bumper to make sure everything lined up ok and then i took it a step further.....yes i could have just bought "L" tie in brackets but i decided to break out the ole harbor freight mig welder and cut up some 1/8 or 3/16 angle amd flat stock i had laying around. Now i know the whole thing is pretty crude and the welds are not pretty. I have no intention of ever adding a winch. I just wanted to reinforce the factory bumper mounts and beef things up a little bit to hopefully avoid any bending of the unibody in the event of future low speed accidents and give the front end some meat if i decide to add recovery points to the front end/bumper. Let me know what you guys think! Again my goal here is just to add some strength to the favtory bumper and bumper mounts, fix the damaged passenger side mount, and give me some cheap insurance in the event i decide to add front recovery points.

http://app.photobucket.com/u/Cf9652...9cf8ab/p/70e9a6ae-992e-472f-8092-2d4d8e8d3abc

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Cf96520/p/6cb4fb66-336f-4ad4-8658-705e50302332
6cb4fb66-336f-4ad4-8658-705e50302332

70e9a6ae-992e-472f-8092-2d4d8e8d3abc

Back