• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need an alarm

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Im on the market for a cheap basic alarm for my 89 xj that sees offroad occasionally

I just need something that will blow the horn if the crack head next door decides he needs dope money.I keep my jeep parked in my parents drive way and live a few blocks away in an apartment and they have a pretty good watch dog so anything that will simply blow the horn to wake them up will do here!!!

I dont need something complicated or fancy and would prefer a simple instal because ive been working alot of hours at work and dont have the time to mess with a tedious install.Features like remote start and keyless entry ect ect dont float my boat!!!

I know squat about which alarms a good or whatever I just want to throw something on there so I can sleep easier at night at home in my apartment untill the crack head neighbor kid next door to my folks where my jeep sits gets thrown in ail.

What about those gorilla alarms that walmart has for about $60???
I guess I only need something that will go off when doors(i have a two door)or hatch are open or when glass is broke out....so I guess something with a shock sensor would cover all those bases or do I want something that wires into the door pins too???

I do know what I dont want is something that will go off every five mins as soon as a bird craps on it!!!!!Oh I should mention the fact that the other neighbor plays cb and has a big aentenna(sp haha) on the side of his house so I dont know if that will affect my choice of alarm???I dont want my alarm going off everytime he decides to key up

Last edited:
Agreed. And you can tune the sensors so that they dont go off everytime a mosquito hits the window, or there's a thunder storm.

I have a Hornet on my 99 (made by the same company, Directed) and it's done great. I do have all the nice features that you don't want though (remote start, 2-way remote that provides feedback as to which sensor was triggered...etc).

I have an alarm thats been sitting in my closet for years, never installed it.

Audiovox Prestige Platinum model# APS-250A.

Hows $65 shipped sound? I can get you a pic if you like.

Back