• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boy can I break stuff well

bbaker80

NAXJA Forum User
After a few hours of driving home wondering what exactly was wrong in the rear end (it wasn't raining most of the way, but the road was wet and I wasn't about to crawl under and check it out), and a couple days of wrenching I've compiled my list of parts that need replaced post NAC Fest:

Rear driveshaft (I don't remember bending it on anything, but the scrapes don't lie)

2 exhaust clamps to put the tailpipe back on...........again

1 front wheel bearing, BIG thanks to Kevin, the spare got me home in 1 piece, but I still would like to get a new one in there

1 wheel bearing bolt......i remember hearing it hit the floor on it's way out the back....someone forgot the locktite :anon:

There's still something freaky going on with the brakes. It stops sometimes like it's working right, and sometimes the brakes go straight to the floor, but it still slows down somehow. For the cost of calipers, wheel cylinders, lines, and hoses, I'm just going to go ahead and change everything. Most of it is OE stuff, from 88, and should be changed anyway. I also found out that I have a broken u bolt on the rear axle, but I have new ones ready to go in with the 44.

The sad thing is, even with all that, I can't wait to get out there again.

Bryan

Boy . . . and we're glad you got home OK. We were definitely concerned when you left with that heap ;) at 11PM with the deluge still going on. Good that it was less intense to the West (never stopped raining in Luzerne County through 11AM or so on Sunday morning).

Head back here any time Bryan, wouldn't be too difficult to scare up a few to head out to Paragon or Rausch Creek during the summer.

Good luck with the repairs!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

It wasn't maybe 45 minutes down I-81 until it stopped raining. I hit a few sprinkles between Somerset and Donegal, but nothing like what you guys had to deal with. I've already fixed the tailpipe and replaced the u-joint on the driveshaft (it still vibrates, but I can live with it for now). I'm going to start on the brakes tomorrow morning, and hopefully have the 44 installed on Friday.

Keep me posted if you're heading out for some wheelin.

Bryan

Lucky bastid.

when I left on saturday (well, sunday morning technically) It was raining so freakin hard that the drains in that miserable factory sunroof couldn't keep up.

the water hitting me in the face DID keep me awake for the drive home though :D

Back