• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE trackbar "upgrade"?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
Has anyone tried the Rusty's upgrade for the RE1600 trackbar? The hiem joint is replaced with a bushing end, and there's a new frame mount. At $100, it's half the price of a new RE HD trackbar assy.
Any experiences?
TIA!

Well I had the old style Rubicon Trac Bar with the Heim joint. Samething happened to me. I crapped out and made a lot of noise. I went with the Rusty's conversion with the bracket and poly bushing. Easy install...but...the track bar had a weird bend in it so the bushing and mount was off by about 1". I called Rusty's, he told me that if I had the old style trac bar the bend that Rubicon used wasn't going to work. So I had him send the trac bar as well. Now I tried to flip the trac bar to see if the bend would go the other way. No dice. So to make a long story short. Try it but also order the trac bar at the sametime. If you don't need it, return it. It'll save you some time. Great product. Juice

BillR said:
Please explain...:confused:

While I'm not a giant fan of the design, the trackbar has served me pretty well (at least 40K miles---some of them not too easy). With how few miles are left on my current XJ chassis, I thought I'd just replace the heim that wears out (mine was DONE). The heim is a 3/4" reverse thread and I think it's a 5/8" hole. I couldn't get the RE misalignment washers to remove themselves from the whacked RE heim and just bought some new ones.

www.rocklogic4x4.com had everything I needed in stock if that's your next question :D .........

Between everyone down here weve tried Rusty's,Currie's,RE's(std),and JKS!They have all failed,now were all running the RE XD trackbar and bracket with no problems since!Its worth the extra bucks!

Back