• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adj upper or lower

skog

NAXJA Forum User
what is better to have fixed upper and adj lower or adj upper and fixed lower. I am looking at the RE 4.5 superflex w/ leafpacks and I see that it comes with both upper and lower fixed. This is as high as I plan on going.

thanks
skog

Depends. If you're building a street jeep then it really doesn't matter. If you're wheeling in the rocks then fixed lowers are your best bet. Adjustable lowers will get dragged all over the rocks which mucks up the threads/nuts on the arms and just knocks them loose.

Also depend if you 're adjusting wheelbase, castor or both. Lowers will adjust length of wheelbase, or locate the front wheels in the front wheel well, adj uppers are for dialing in castor.
If you're not planning on going any higher, I'm sure the guys at RE did their homework and got the lengths darn close to what you need for that lift.

Dan

the word is adj. uppers and fixed lowers for most situations.

Back