• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to HO oil Filter mount

TUFFXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is a simple question, I currently have a Renix I6 and I know that the oil filter mount in the HO uses the US standard threads verses the Metric but can I pull the mount off the "parts" HO I have and still mount is vertical or can it only be mounted Horizontal? I kinda would like to know if it will mount the same way "Before" I pull it and find out it will only mount Horizontal.
TIA

The oil filter adapter, Or what the filter screws to is interchangeable.A standard threaded one can be purchased .It will not be as tall(long) as the metric one.I had the part # and such but it is lost(misplaced as the wife cleans up).
IIRC MADXJ has a write up on this at their site.
Wayne
E-bolt # 530220237 www.madxj.com

Last edited:
Wayne Sihler said:
The oil filter adapter, Or what the filter screws to is interchangeable.A standard threaded one can be purchased .It will not be as tall(long) as the metric one.I had the part # and such but it is lost(misplaced as the wife cleans up).
IIRC MADXJ has a write up on this at their site.
Wayne
E-bolt # 530220237 www.madxj.com

Thanks...just changeing the center threaded bolts sounds much easyer

rsalemi said:
You can use the HO unit and turn it upright; similar to the early unit.

This is good news I wanted to do that and switch to a bigger filter... but I hated the idea of putting the filter horizontal... Cheers!

Back