• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PRP or Mastercraft seats?

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
Its time to replace the seats in my '88 with something better.

I've searched. From what i can tell, the mastercraft seats have an optional bracket for $59 that mounts the seats to the factory brackets/sliders. I dont think this will work on my '88 cause it has the 6-way seat mounts. Is there another year XJ mount that will bolt into my '88 and work with their seats?.

The PRP seats come w/o sliders or brackets for the XJ and would require custom mounts and sliders to work. They are about $100 cheaper (each) than the mastercraft rubicon seats and seem the same quality.

I dont want to use my stock mounts because they're loose and let the seat rattle about. its very anoying.

So, i guess i either can find some used XJ mounts of the other type (if they will bolt in to my '88) that will work with the mastercraft seats...and $800 later ill have a pair of new seats.

or, i could use some generic sliders and fab some brackets to fit the PRP seats into the XJ for $500 + sliders/metal/labor.

or, i could get used XJ brackets/sliders and fab some adapters to the PRP seats.

any thoughts?

Thanks

Remove the stock seat and you will find some broken parts that require welding. I do this on a regular basis once a year :D besides that it is not that hard to fab some mounts for any seat to bolt them to the stock seat mounts.

XJoachim said:
Remove the stock seat and you will find some broken parts that require welding. I do this on a regular basis once a year :D besides that it is not that hard to fab some mounts for any seat to bolt them to the stock seat mounts.

yea, i remember you typing that a while back...i took mine off and AFIK, the looseness is from the slop inside the sliders. its only about 1mm on each slider, but because there's 2 sets of sliders the slop adds up. What exactly did you weld?

So it looks like i can get the cheaper PRP seats with generic sliders that bolt to them...then fab some brackets to mount the sliders to the floor of my jeep.

Thanks

Cool, these look just as good and are much cheaper. Thanks.

I decided that i will go with fabbing mounts with some sort of cheap sliders and some of these cheaper seats...save money for stroker ...and some super swampers...

Back