• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing Seats, which ones?

Seems like PIG in the vendors section on POR has a good sale going on for BEARD seats...Might want to check it out.

man those corbeu seats are pretty sweet....if you have good money to throw at seats

I've got some of the "cheapy" plastic seats in my CJ. Put the padded covers on them and they are not that bad. I wouldn't want them for a DD but trail use I can deal with them.

Have a pair of Mastercraft Rubicons. Love them. Was looking at the Corbeau's but the sides are too high, making getting in and out difficult.

mark268 said:
I've got some of the "cheapy" plastic seats in my CJ. Put the padded covers on them and they are not that bad. I wouldn't want them for a DD but trail use I can deal with them.

I've got them too. Easy cleanup for those of us that like mud. Wouldn't want to travel long distances in them though. Ok for my 15 min work commute.

The cheapo corbeau's are a nice alternative to the plastic ones. They are similar, but A little more plush. Yet they are only like 150. Personally for a DD I would be more likely to go with a nicer set like the mastercrafts or one of the nicer corbeaus.
Dustin

So what race seats would you guys recoment for a DD? It gets used for 2hr highway drives, so something with some squish would be nice.

Thanks,

AARON

How about the Beards? They were on the giveaway XJ that Crunch won, right? I'm thinking of those or the Mastercraft Rubicons for my daily driver. My stock seats are worn out and uncomfortable on long drives.

Jes

MrShoeBoy said:
So what race seats would you guys recoment for a DD?

I commute 80mi/day with the Rubicon seat. It's worth the extra $$$.

Ron

Ronbo said:
I commute 80mi/day with the Rubicon seat. It's worth the extra $$$.

Ron

Thanks. Any more details or specs you can give about that seat?

AARON

I have the Corbeau Baja SS http://www.corbeau.com/ in my CJ and it is real comfy, I can ride all day in it and be comfortable, though as stated the sides might be a bit high for getting in and out of in an XJ without a struggle or bonking your head on the doorsill. I'm only 5'7" & 150 lbs so getting in and out isn't a problem but for someone taller or heavier they'd have problems even with the top off on my CJ. Great seat though for only $150 each.
Mike B.

Back