• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanagon love

This guy can't film for shite and I don't dig it as much as the white SVX one. Too bad he never popped the hatch cuz I would love to see that V6 and how it fits. Bet the beds useless now just like it is in a VR6 swap. Thing probably hauls ass though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wsFRq_m54

You've probably seen this. I don't even care that it's not a Westy. If it was just a 7 passenger version I'd convert it to a Weekender and get to the river fasssssst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCO4I4Am8x4

Ya there are some cool SVX videos out there.

I'm appreciating the passenger vans for camping more now, I've taken a couple of trips in my syncro and its pretty cavernous inside. The rear bed is the size of a queen bed, which makes "sleeping" a lot more comfortable. I had a weekender syncro once, and I'm appreciating it more now.

Still, I'm happy to go the full camper route, the storage does improve your ability to move around inside.

I thought my Weekender was great other than just being plain unreliable. If I had been in a better paying job I would have really considered hanging onto it and eventually swapping in my 2.5 motor.

In, uh.... '68, my Brother and I installed a 409 Chevy motor into a VW Microbus. The engine sat inside pointing "backward". Transmission output to a boat V-Drive and another shaft through the floor to the Ford rear axle.

Cut a huge hole ion the roof to duct air into the "car". Radiator was mounted into this duct work and vented out of the sides through the stock air inlet openings. as well as out of the roof. The engine was sealed completely away from the interior by sheet metal.

It was a profoundly unsafe thing to drive as it had a bit of difficulty keeping the front wheels on the ground... So, of course, it was the Saturday Night Cruiser.

Point here is that the VW Bus in it's many incarnations is a good vehicle for go better parts. Personally, I find it amazing at how easily the Subi Boxer bolts in. Almost as if Subaru "copied" the VW...

Nah the Japanese, in 1966, would never have copied a 1.3L flat four push rod engine from Germany...

Original Subi push rod version was under 1 liter if memory serves.

I find it funnay that you think it's "ghey" but that you now work for Rocky Mountain Westy. I do have the right person don't I Bryson?

lol. I was just waiting for that to come up. What's even funnier is that I had posted that BEFORE I started working for RMW. Life has a funny way of slapping you in the face.

I would like to point out however, that I work as the product engineer so I'm doing my part to make them less ghey. :shhh:

I'll post up some more recent work here soon in my random fab thread.

Hahaha. It was purely by chance that Luster brought the thread back from the dead and I happened to look through the whole thing again. WIsh I still had mine. I'd love some of the stuff you're making. Keep it up.

I am playing around with these LED headlights as a cheap solution for a few years before going to the SA grill with projector HIDs. I ordered 2 pairs of these lights, one in silver and one black, I ran the silver ones on my Jeep and I've had these on the self for awhile.

I'm not thrilled with the aesthetics but I can deal with it, what I need to verify is if these LED lights will work in the current configuration to aim proper - as in give me light where I need it and not blind other drivers.

On my Jeep I had to adjust them a little high to get the light where I wanted it, however with the seperate high beams I think I will be able to keep these a little lower.

I modified one spare light bucket, and I am waiting on the conversion harness plugs to arrive. When I get those in I will see if it looks like the one headlight will work out for me, and if so I'll modify the other headlight.

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Think you could get the pictures any bigger. :)

Think you could get the pictures any bigger. :)

I likely will the next time I get a new phone and the resolution increases.

I used to post large images as links, but then moderators edited posts and turned them into images, so its back to images.

Also, can I have my highlift back yet?

Now this is what I like to see. I haven't been here in years and I swing by to see what's going on and, low and behold, the Vanagon love is still steaming. And on page 1 no doubt!

Good job zluster! Troy secretly loves these and in the back of his garage, I believe, there is a secret room (like a mini man cave) that has wall to wall plush carpet, tie dye pillows, funky lights, and a VW emblem collection. Between you and me, one day when I showed up he was all flustered and desperately trying to secure something in the back corner behind his tool box. I suspect that some other members here routinely hang out there and play bongos but I cannot confirm. Like clockwork, he will argue and deny this but, as I recall on that cold and dreary night when my precious Ron Burgundy tapped on 25 (for the 11th time), his phone hardly made it past 2 rings. I suspect he saw it was me calling and hoped the conversation would lead to another opportunity to see the old flying brick up close (much like that one day when he and Steve just so happened to be in my neighborhood). Of course, he put up a little show but I just let it happen knowing that, inside, he was beaming.

I've heard of Troy's hidden room, it is rumored to have your old waders hanging on some sort of shrine.

....And a blue Hawaiian pattern seat cover sporting a strategically placed hole.

It's a shrine to phunnay white bald guys. Ain't no shame in my game.

volkswagon + van = ghey

:wstupid: lol that still cracks me up. Hopefully no one was too offended by my sarcastic comment. While I still wouldn't personally own one, I've come to hate them a lot less over the years. Especially after having taken them camping. Park, Pop, Done.

The subaru motor makes them 1000 times more enjoyable to drive and overall much more useful.

35552954081_af24356c96_c.jpg
[/url]24313_491341317618249_1613596602_n by Bryson Whissen, on Flickr[/IMG]

1002589_491341337618247_345626512_n by Bryson Whissen, on Flickr

20130910_181007 by Bryson Whissen, on Flickr

BTW, we had recently acquired Van Cafe so if you need any parts just let me know. We have a ton of parts in stock at our warehouse. :wave:

Back