• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB ss line upgrade worth the coin?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
should i splurge for the stainless steel air lines?

thanks in advance...

Have you seen the lines that come with the ARBs? They're puny, plastic toy lines. Agreed the upgrade is worth it.

ARBs run at low PSI, I don't see why a heavy duty line is needed unless you are worried about them getting cut or smashed. As long as you run them safely out of the way, secure them well and leave slack for axle droop I don't see a problem. I am not going to shell out $150 for some over price SS lines...

150, holy robbed at the parts store. I run the compressor in the back on the spare tire rack. So I got about 6" of ARB plastic line coming out of the compressor to a hole that has a gromet under the trim piece along the left side of the lift gate. This connects to the stainless line to the rear axle. I used a front line because of the compressor being in the back but I have seen the no more that $79 for the longer ones and as low as $49 for the front length which is what I paid last summer (forgot where I got it from) Juice

I don't see the need for it. The pressure is under 100 PSI. If you route it properly there is very little chance of catching it on anything. Plus, if something does cause it to break you can use those quick repair unions on the stock line. SS lines for this is more of a bling upgrade.

If you are worried about the line being small and vulnerable, just run it inside a piece of fuel hose wherever you are concerned.
Crunch

juicexj24 said:
150, holy robbed at the parts store. but I have seen the no more that $79 for the longer ones and as low as $49 for the front length which is what I paid last summer (forgot where I got it from) Juice

So, you paid $130 for your bling lines opposed to $150. What a deal...

No I just have one ARB in the rear so I paid $49 for the line, which is the length for a front stainless ARB line. My compressor is mounting in the back so I didn't need a super long line. So I only paided $49 for the line. But if your running the compressor under the hood, you could still us the same set up with the blue line connected to the stainless, which is what I was going to do but couldn't find a good spot for it under the hood. Juice

Back