• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happens when you ROLL your Land Rover...

red91

NAXJA Forum User
So it doesn't look good and your in some trouble....

04879875_1X.jpg

04879875_3X.jpg

04879875_4X.jpg

and then you SEE THIS.....

04879875_7X.jpg

WHAT is the handbook gonna say when your upside down ?

We had a guy come to our shop asking if we could fix a rim like that front one (all spokes ripped out). He was a crackhead. Was later arrested in GA for firing shots at a SC trooper at a roadblock. Dumbass.

thats the coolest thing i've seen today, sux to be the owner tho.

Trivia: the first rolled Range Rover (as recorded by the factory) was in 1972 in Ireland. Guy flipped it going about 70 after swerving to avoid something; he was ejected out of the back window and lived to tell the tale.

BTW, any Range Rover with more than two doors is crap.

DrMoab said:
Fixed it for ya!

Heh. I actually have to disagree on that one - we had a 1974 2-door for a time, and it was a damned good vehicle. What killed them was becoming progressively more and more yuppiefied (and complex) in the '80s. First-gen Range Rovers with the 3.5 V8, cart-sprung suspension, and hose-out interior (honestly, they really were off-road vehicles once) are pretty kick-ass. Everything past that point slid down a giant hill of turds.

kid4lyf said:
I don't know. I'd kill for a D90
Yeah...they are kinda cool but....they are still a land rover. 45 bucks for a windshild wiper blade that you can't get anywhere but a land rover dealer is enough to keep me from buying one no matter how cool they are.

DrMoab said:
Yeah...they are kinda cool but....they are still a land rover. 45 bucks for a windshild wiper blade that you can't get anywhere but a land rover dealer is enough to keep me from buying one no matter how cool they are.
True. I have a buddy with a disco and he paid $90 for a trailer light harness.
Yea, that $5 four wire plug.

But still. Visions of Angelina Jolie in that bad-ass Defender are tough to shake.
And no, the Rubie in the next movie didn't compare.

BTW, please don't tell me you think SHE'S ugly. :D

Last edited:
kid4lyf said:
Yup....a buddy of mine paid 600 bucks for a belt,idler pully and a coolant sensor. Hes trying to sell it but it leaks oil(which I heard they all do) and he can't afford to fix it.

Casm, the older Land Rovers rocked....I would not own one made in the last 15 years for anything in the world.

kid4lyf said:

One thing to remember about Land-Rover in the US: they're a luxury marque, plain and simple. The usefully agricultural vehicles the rest of the world gets just don't make it to the US market. Even the Defenders we get are the upmarket leather seat, automatic-transmission V8s - no cloth-trim 300TDs here.

DrMoab said:
Casm, the older Land Rovers rocked....I would not own one made in the last 15 years for anything in the world

Agreed. The Defender was where the rot set in with the proper Land-Rovers; for the most part, it was all downhill from there. There're arguments in favour of the last generation of Discovery - but again, we didn't get the agricultural-spec models here, and build quality on them was always hit-or-miss at best.

For anyone looking to get a Land-Rover in the US, try to find a Series III. You still have the 88", 101", and 110" wheelbases to choose from, but also gain the improved interior (still hose-out) and all-synchromesh gearbox. If you decide to go for more power, swapping out the 2.25-litre 4-banger for the Rover V8 is a well-documented conversion for these vehicles; just be sure to replace the transmission at the same time with the much beefier 5-speed usually attached to them. Also, if you get one that's early enough, it'll be pre-smog.

Anyway, it may all be a moot point. I've been looking for info to confirm this, but rumour has it that apparently Land-Rover has been haemorraging money left, right, and centre (not surprising given the current model lineup) and Ford's looking to dump them. It'd be a pity if this happened, particularly with the recent demise of MG-Rover (the UK's oldest car manufacturer with a tremendous history and it's now in administration), but their products are entirely unappealing anymore. Too bad they didn't seek to exploit the two-solid-axles market in the US currently looking for a choice other than the Wrangler...

That one looks just like my step-dad's. His has the air suspension. Its kinda cool to be able to lift/lower it at the touch of a button. Supposedly if it gets high centered it will raise up two more inches. The only problem is it rides like crap. It feels really top heavy, and you would swear it has its sway bars disconnected. My lifted XJ feels more stable than it.

Back