• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrysler door hinge repair kit

mikeyl

NAXJA Forum User
chrysler hinge repair kit

i recently purchased the factory hinge repair for my xj. lots of parts ,no instructions. anyone have a discription of how to install?
thanks in advance

ok, i purchased the factory hinge repair kit. lots of parts ,no instructions. anyone know how to or where to get an instruction diagram to put these on? one would think it would be very obvious to install but it doesn't look like it would work due to clearance issues. supposedly the kit is made to install without door removal.
thanks in advance!

Same post as in the OEM Forum? Watch out ya don't get spanked for cross-posting...

Re: chrysler hinge repair kit

the repair kit is for the doors

it is a door hinge repair kit. 84-97 door hinge kit. kit for hinges with less than 75% separation (and don't need to be lifted)use part #5083060AA . for doors with more than 75% separation kit # 5083061AA. same part number used for upper and lower door hinge. body side hinge has peeled back about 35-45% on my drivers door. kit consits of a plate,4 low-profile bolts (torx head i think, they are not in front of me),a piece of round stock flattened on one side and with 2 tapped holes, and 2 strange bolt/rivet looking items (best described as a rivnut looking part)

This is the first I've heard of them. ( My drivers door is cracked). How hard does this look to install? (granted you have no instructions)
Wouldn't it be easier to just weld?

GI-John said:
This is the first I've heard of them. ( My drivers door is cracked). How hard does this look to install? (granted you have no instructions)
Wouldn't it be easier to just weld?

Welding is easy if you have the equipment, but to be done right it also requires that you remove the fender and the door. You just can't get to the pertinent edges of the hinge otherwise, and with the weight of the door it is difficult to get the hinge pushed back where it belongs. I have heard of those kits but never seen one, and I don't recall seeing any mention of it in my 95 FSM.

I-car.com has instructions

I been meaning to post this link for some time. :hang:

http://www.i-car.com/html_pages/abo...e/advantage_online_archives/2002/070102b.html

I had this installed for $50 bucks at a body shop for both front doors on my '92. In hind sight, I should have spent the money on a good rivit tool. (it will take a big one). The plate seems to work well as long as your doors are not too bad already.

Good luck

Back