• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Won't fire up!!

XJZ

NAXJA Forum User
I had my Jeep sitting in the garage for a while, so I decided to start it up and let it get warm, it started fine. Upon going back out to the garage 15 mins later, it wasn't running. I didn't think the gas was that low, but figure it ran out.

So I put a couple gallons in it, now it won't start. Turns over fine, just doesn't start.

What gives? Any suggestions? TIA

Yep, need more info. Need to know if you're getting spark and gas. Have you had any trouble with it lately being hard to start, stalling, or not wanting to idle at the right speed?

Hawaiian Style said:
Yep, need more info. Need to know if you're getting spark and gas. Have you had any trouble with it lately being hard to start, stalling, or not wanting to idle at the right speed?

Haven't had any problems to this point.

I'll have to check the above, haven't checked gas or spark yet.

Can it damage the fuel pump when stalling and there's no gas?

I'm a dunce when it comes to this stuff :dunce:

Thanks guys!

Nah, I don't think running it out of gas would hurt the pump much. Check for those things and let us know... Might be as simple as a new CPS.

Yes, you can ruin a fuel pump by running it out of gas. However it might be just cavitated. Undo the line to your fuel rail (or open the bleed port whichever applies) and run the fuel pump until the air is out of it. Hook the line back up and try to start it again.

Back